Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer required to join a leading Manufacturing business based in the Bradford area.
You will be joining a forward-thinking, modern environment that will offer personal development and clear a progression path.
This is a day-based permanent position paying up to £25.23 per hour, an above average pension, and flexible working hours with an annual bonus.
As an innovative and forward-thinking manufacturing business with a long history in the Bradford area, supplying specialist bespoke components and products across the world, the suitable Field Service Engineer would be joining an organisation with a global presence.
The core purpose of the position is to perform/supervise the practical aspects of installation, modification, commissioning and maintenance of LV & MV switchboards.
The role will require travel throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
The candidate will receive training, such as BOSIET, MIST, Offshore medicals etc.
which is all relevant to the site role
Field Service Engineer Benefits
- Hourly rate will start between £14 - £16.82 per hour dependant on experience and knowledge.
There will also be an uplift of base rate +30% for all UK work and +50% for overseas and offshore work.
Additional uplifts are payable based on overnight work or hospitable location and will be explained during induction.
- Contractual hours per week will be 37.5 - 8 am - 4 pm Monday - Friday.
Someone who has worked with the company 100 days may change their 37.5-hour working week and compress it into a 4-day working week
- 33 days holiday including statutory
- Health care, with the option to add family members.
Life assurance (x4 base salary)
- Pension matching contribution of up to 4%
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual bonus between 1-3% of salary, paid out at Christmas time.
Bonus is dependent on how the business has performed in the financial year
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- The safe and timely execution of Site Services contracts in the UK, Offshore and Overseas.
- Conduct and produce Health & Safety Work Method Statements & Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Site Report feedback process to ensure continuous improvement of site and assembly processes.
- Ensure that the companies Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures are constantly adhered to all aspects of Site Services.
- Ensure the timely completion of Site Work documentation (Site Reports, Site Work Time sheets, Site Work Expenses etc) to allow for prompt submission of invoices and payroll payments to be made.
Field Service Engineer competencies:
- The ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written communication that delivers high levels of confidence in those dealt with.
- A good technical background with specific bias towards the installation, commissioning & maintenance of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Switchgear & Motor Control Centres and associated equipment.
- The ability to meet the expectation of both internal and external customer, clients and suppliers through a sound understanding of their requirements, being responsive to their needs and exceeding their requirements.
- The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines and targets.
Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
- The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
- The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
Field Service Engineer employment & education background
- The ideal candidate shall have good experience of installation, commissioning and maintenance of LV & MV switchboards preferably within an Oil & Gas/Petrochem environment.
- Educated to a minimum of ONC in Electrical engineering preferred.
- Previous experience of testing of Electronic Protection Relays and associated communication systems an advantage.
For immediate consideration of the Field Service Engineer role, please “click apply” or contact Conor Wood at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Salary uplifts and Bonuses
- Location: Bradford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Contact: Conor Wood
- Tel: 01484 645269
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-17 14:40:46 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Purchasing Assistant
- Customer Account Manager
- Commercial Paint Sprayer
- Engineering Stores Controller
- Sales Lead Generator
- Engineering Planner
- External Sales Representative - Asphalt
- Administration Assistant
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- E C&I Technician
- E C&I Technician
- Tendering Engineer
- Field Service Manager
- Engineering Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Assembly Fitter
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer