Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Are you a Credit Controller looking for a new challenge? Do you want to join a dynamic and supportive Finance Team that invests in you and your career? Do you thrive in a fast-paced hands on environment?
What will you be doing?
As our Credit Controller, you will be working within a team of 3 and reporting to the Finance Support manager, the Credit Controller is responsible for managing the debt of the business.
You will oversee all debts owed from existing creditors are received in a timely manner, to manage new requests for credits and ensure all payments received are allocated correctly.
As our Credit Controller some of your responsibilities will include:
- Control and manage debtors in own area of responsibility reducing debtor days and maximise debt collections.
- Manage difficult finance customers to meet payment requirements, issuing final demands and intentions of legal action letters.
- Issuing of monthly statements.
- Actioning and monitoring credit checks, ensuring the ledger is covered to reduce the risk of bad debt loss.
- Ensure all accounts receipts from customers are correctly allocated to the sales ledger and the bank accounts reconciled daily.
- Responding to relevant client enquiries.
- Reporting weekly overdue accounts to Finance Support Manager.
- Work collaboratively to achieve results and process improvement.
You will have experience of working in a credit control function and strong MS Office ability (particularly Excel and Word).
You will have experience of using databases, Sage X3 or similar software would be advantageous, previous experience of working within the recruitment sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, high levels of organisation and strong time management ability.
You will have excellent attention to detail and be pro-active in nature.
At STR, we pride ourselves on a working environment that promotes excellence throughout.
We have been providing specialist permanent and contract recruitment services since 2000 and employ over 150 staff.
STR Group is a recruitment company that is comprised of 7 niche brands, each operating within a specific market sector.
Why you will love STR
We really care and put our people first! So much so our vision and values were created by our people.
Here at the STR Group, our values, culture, and standards underpin that employee engagement is at the heart of our business.
We believe in a culture that is challenging yet supportive, ensuring continuous improvement.
What are we offering our Credit Controller? A career at STR doesn't just offer support and guidance, we offer:
- £23k - £25k basic salary
- Modern, slick, state of the art offices with breakout area & dedicated kitchen
- Continental Club - snacks available all day, everyday!
- Flexible and hybrid working policy
- Company wide monthly offsite Business meetings
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and your birthday off.
(Rising by one day each year of service capped at 28 days)
- You can purchase up to 5 days extra holiday
- Health care cash plan and optional private health care from Day 1!
- Company Pension scheme
- Birthday off
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Programme
Time to apply
If you want to be part of STR's amazing Finance Team and progress in your career, send your CV to our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
TA is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Rate: £23000 - £25000 per annum
- Location: Cosham, Portsmouth, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: STR Group Limited
- Contact: Katelyn Buenfeld
- Tel: +44 (0)208 150 8092
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-20 09:22:53 -
- View all Jobs from STR Group Limited
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Senior Policy and Communications Manager
- Sales Consultant
- National Partnerships Manager
- Interim Finance Business Partner
- Talent Advisor (L&D)
- Procurement Approvals Manager
- HR & Legal Product Development Consultant
- Commercial and Admin Support Assistant - 5225756
- CNC Miller / Turner / Programmer
- Finance Officer
- Software Verification & Validation Engineer (SC Cleared)
- Civil Engineer - Trackside
- Quality Assurance Specialist (Validation)
- Civil Engineer - Essex
- Facilities Manager - Essex
- QA Specialist
- Systems Performance Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer - MBSE
- SC Cleared Integration and Validation Lead (Contract)