Supported Accommodation Support Worker
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Supported Accommodation Support Worker to work at a single homeless scheme, accommodating 48 people, male and female, aged 16 +.
The client offers an accommodation based service to provide housing support to people with complex needs to give them the skills needed to move towards living independently.
The service users may have support needs including mental health, drugs/alcohol dependency, ex-offenders, rough sleepers, homeless, past trauma, PTSD to name a few.
The Support Worker will be responsible in providing 1-2-1 support, complete reviews of risk assessment and support plans.
The Support worker will be required to cover a rolling rota consisting of early & late shifts and will involve working some weekends.
The post holder will need to ensure at all times a professional and supportive approach is maintained, especially when assisting clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes.
The post holder will also need to assist in the day to day delivery of the service for supported schemes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service.
The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Experience in writing risk assessments and support plans
- Knowledge of the benefit system and resettlement options for the clients customer group.
- Experience of housing management and/or social care environment.
- Ability to resolve the conflict, complaint and being proactive.
- Computer skills upper intermediate is necessary.
Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft word are essential
- The role will need more than admin skills as role holder will have daily contact with residents that have complex needs
- Good communications skills are highly required as the role will also involve working as a part of bigger team as well as external agencies.
- DBS Check
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
- Rate: £11.00 - 14.60 per hour
- Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: 4Healthcare
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: BSRIVWAKEMAR
- Posted: 2023-03-06 09:18:23 -
- View all Jobs from 4Healthcare
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- HR Advisor - Swindon
- Systems Support Officer - Cheshire East
- Specialist Physiotherapist - Neuro Outpatients
- Learning & Development Officer - Bury
- Executive Assistant - Liverpool
- Supported Accommodation Assistant
- Homeless Floating Support Worker
- Technical Support Officer - Liverpool
- Digital Skills Tutor
- Progress Co-Ordinator
- Housing Officer - Eastbourne
- Senior Family Support Worker - Lewisham
- Call Handler - Derby
- Business Support Officer - Havering
- Brokerage Officer - Islington
- Rent Arrears Recovery Officer - Kingston
- Learning Disabilities Public Health Officer
- Children's Locality Support Worker - Wigston