This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, global, market leading company in Stockport.
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join a small and welcoming team on a full-time, permanent basis.
This role would suit someone who is looking for a balance of operational and strategic buying, as well as someone who enjoys working within a busy environment.
The purpose of the role is to execute sourcing activity for a defined set of vendors, recognising the needs of internal customers whilst establishing strategies.
Identify, analyse and implement opportunities for supply chain improvements including but not limited to cost reduction, vendor performance and working capital.
Proactively monitor, evaluate and communicate specific market conditions to the business unit and develop countermeasures as required.
Be the escalation route for the Operational Purchasing team with defined vendors when required.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the supplier selection process in conjunction with Product Management
- Negotiating commercial terms including but not limited to Price, Lead-time, MOQ, MOV, Supply Agreements, Payment Terms, Rebates, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Drop Ship Agreements
- Taking full responsibility for a number of strategic categories including Raw Materials and Winter related products
- Evaluating financial status of potential suppliers to minimise risks to the supply chain
- Vendor management in conjunction with Operational Purchasing & Product Management
- Continually identifying & delivering cost savings and report progress monthly
- Conducting supplier rationalisation where appropriate
- Support Product Compliance team with vendor data as required
- Support Operational Purchasing team to drive improved vendor performance where appropriate
As a Buyer, you must be / have:
Minimum 3 years experience in a Purchasing environment (raw materials & Purchased Finished Goods) with a track record of high level accomplishment
- Energetic, passionate & self motivated
- Practices attentive & active listening with patience to hear others
- Effective both inside and outside the business - commands attention
- Experience of creating category strategies
What's in it for me?
The salary is £Competitive and DOE, with a rewarding benefits package, health and life insurance, pension, annual salary reviews, free parking, and discount schemes.
Your development is key to their success; therefore, a complete and comprehensive induction programme and personal development training needs will regularly be assessed.
- Start: 09/04/2023
- Rate: Excellent salary
- Location: Stockport, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
- Contact: Hannah Nicholls
- Tel: 01295 688852
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-09 16:08:55 -
- View all Jobs from Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
More Jobs from Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited
- Finance Assistant
- Training Coordinator
- Business Development Manager
- Biotech Sales Specialist
- Product Manager - HR
- eCommerce Manager
- Senior Administrator
- Purchase Ledger Assistant
- Customer Service Advisor - German Speaking
- Purchase Ledger Assistant
- Service and Projects Coordinator
- Supply Chain Director
- Operations and Stock Administrator
- Credit Controller
- Finance Administrator
- Goods In Supervisor
- Payroll Executive
- Service Coordinator
- Events Manager