Location: Hackney, (E2)
Salary: Pro Rata £27,000 - £31000
Closing date: 12th April 2023
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is seeking an Exams Officer to ensure that every student will succeed at a good university or equivalent, thrive in their chosen field and live a great life.
The Academy is a truly exceptional school.
Their students' progress is consistently excellent for GCSE and A level, and superb personal development offer means that over the last few years.
* Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
* Previous Exams Officer experience
* Previous experience within the education sector
* Planning data collection and data management experience
* Documentation of processes and audit controls
* Proficient in IT /Data Systems (SIMS Software), Microsoft Office, accounting systems etc.
* Knowledge and understanding of Child Protection, safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of young people
* Planning the examination year, managing priorities, and ensuring Awarding Bodies' deadlines are met.
* Ensure that accurate returns are made to the awarding bodies.
* Liaison with staff e.g.
Subject Leaders and other staff with responsibility for subjects about all aspects of examination regulations and procedures.
* Ensure that all required evidence for access arrangements is up to date and ready for Inspection.
* Management of special consideration requests and liaison with parents and candidates about evidence needed.
* Briefing candidates as necessary.
* Resolution of exam clashes, including liaison with academy staff and parents.
* Liaison with the Finance and Resources Director about recruitment and training of external invigilators.
* Management and briefing on a daily basis of senior and other paid invigilators.
* Managing the daily running of external examinations.
* Misconduct or irregularity i.e.
handling of incidents, reporting to the Vice Principal and writing of reports where necessary.
* Dealing with the Awarding Body Inspector.
* Being present in school to receive the results from awarding bodies on the official results publication dates, to produce tables of the results, queries on the results and make applications to the Boards for re-marks as appropriate.
* Annual review and evaluation of the running of the public examinations.
* Keeping up to date with the latest procedures and regulations by, for example, membership of the Examination Officers' Association.
* Ensure personal details are correct for certificate purposes.
* Explain applications for special consideration.
* Provide copies of examination entry statements to check before submitting to Boards.
* Obtain UCI numbers of new pupils and enter onto system.
* Provide all candidates with relevant notices relating to public examinations and ensure that candidates are aware of examination procedures and conduct.
* Make provision for pupils to be issued with individual examination timetables.
* You will be responsible for Entries
* You will be responsible for exam Preparation
* You will be responsible for Public Examination
* You will be managing the process of results
* You will be responsible for reporting
* You will be Liaison with the staff
* You will communicate with Candidates
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- Rate: £27000 - £31000 Per Annum
- Location: Hackney, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Education
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TGH/AR/060810
- Posted: 2023-03-09 17:51:34 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Full-Stack Website Developer
- Account Executive
- Media Account Executive
- Marketing Account Manager - Marketing Agency
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Customer On-Boarding Manager
- Service Advisor
- Service Advisor - Automotive
- Dispensing Optician / Experienced Optical Assistant
- IT Technician - School
- Planning Lawyer
- Construction Solicitor(NQ or 2+ years PQE )
- Service Advisor
- Senior Associate, Private client services (min. 2+ years PQE)
- Website Developer
- Graphic Designer
- IT Systems & Network Engineer
- Panel Beater
- Yard Operative
- Registered Manager (Children?s Home)