Community Protection Team Manager
Do you have the professional and management experience as an environmental health officer, the passion and drive to lead our team protecting local communities?
This is a role for a fully qualified environmental health officer with strong experience in community and environmental protection disciplines and some management experience to lead the day-to-day work (investigation and enforcement) of our busy and dedicated Community Protection Team.
What you could be part of...
As part of our innovative Regulatory function, and working across two local authority districts, the team provides vital services investigating a wide range of reported community and neighbour nuisance, environmental crime and anti-social behaviour issues.
The team leader role coordinates the activities of our Senior Community Protection Officers, Community Protection Officers and innovative Early Intervention Anti-social Behaviour Officers.
Working closely with other teams and partner agencies, our officers take innovative close working approaches to protect the public and safeguard community safety.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services.
Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like.
Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.
What you'll be doing...
* Protecting the local environment and dealing with nuisance and other environmental protection matters, stray dog legislation, environmental crime, community safety and anti-social behaviour, using the full range of tools available.
* Leading the response to community concerns and setting the agenda to deal with nuisance, environmental crime and anti-social behaviour issues.
* Acting as our knowledge leader in this area of work and ensure that all legal obligations are met and planned for.
This includes providing expert evidence in legal matters relating to this area of work.
* Managing the performance, development, conduct and attendance of the Community Protection Team.
You must have...
* A degree in Environmental Health or the professional equivalent.
* Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board.
* Extensive knowledge of and experience in the interpretation and application of all relevant legislation.
* Demonstrable experience of investigating complex statutory complaints and instigating legal action where appropriate.
* Demonstrable experience in the preparation and presentation of clear and concise technical reports to a wide range of audiences including, on occasions, to courts and other formal bodies.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and extensive experience of working with the public, often in a challenging environment.
What's in it for you...
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world.
The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils.
Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils.
From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees.
Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive.
Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve.
Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home.
The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
We are advertising internally and externally.
If external, please apply via our website.
If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant Recruiting Manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
This role may be required to participate in an out of hours rota.
If you any questions about the role, then please don't hesitate to contact the Recruiting Manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 2 April 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note, that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Please note, we will not accept any DBS checks from a previous employer.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £42439 - £47587 Per Annum
- Location: NR7 0DU, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Career Kinetics Limited
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: REC/23/00066
- Posted: 2023-03-14 23:35:02 -
- View all Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
More Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
- IT Support Analysts
- Assistant Financial Accountant - Part Time
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Community Assets Manager
- Community Protection Team Manager
- Environmental Protection Manager
- Young Persons Supported Housing Officer
- Multi-Skilled Void Repairs Specialist
- Corporate and Community Giving Manager
- Customer Service Assistant - Long Stratton Leisure Centre
- Window & Door Installer : UPVC
- Senior Linux Systems Engineer
- Credit Control Administrator
- Rigger/C+E Driver
- Plumber Multi-Skilled Technician : Reactive team
- Multi-Skilled Plumber - Small Works
- Service Charge Analyst - 12 Month FTC
- Finance Officer
- Reactive Works Co-Ordinator - Repairs team
- Business Regulatory Support Hub Coordinator