Service Care Solutions have an opportunity to join a local authority based in London who are recruiting for an experienced HGV Technician to support with the maintenance of there vehicle fleet.
Key responsibilities will include
Inspection, service, maintenance, preparation for test, fault diagnosis and repair of all Council and other vehicle and plant assets in accordance with (as applicable by vehicle type) DVSAs Heavy Goods Vehicle Inspection Manual, Public Service Vehicle Inspection Manual, MOT Inspection Manual for class 3,4,5 & 7 vehicles, DVSA Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness, Manufacturer and Council maintenance requirements.
- Completion of all work tasks relating to primary job function as instructed by Workshop Manager or other covering supervisory staff.
- Maintenance of professional competence in relation to the primary job function, this will require satisfactory completion of training and assessment as required by the Council.
- Completion of road tests on designated routes as instructed by Workshop Manager or other covering supervisory staff
- Movement of vehicles for the purpose of repair, maintenance, preparation, or testing.
- Completion of all documents (paperwork and/or electronic files) before the end of each working shift.
Vehicle specific documents such as inspection sheets, job cards and defect notes are to be completed as part of the task.
- To work safely at all times in accordance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation, Council policy and specific safety instructions.
- To complete all tasks making efficient use of resources, minimising wastage, and complying with all Environmental legislation and good practice.
- Attend roadside breakdowns or other incidents during normal working hours.
- As instructed by Workshop Manager complete quality checks of hired vehicles, council owned vehicles maintained by external contractors and work completed by other council staff.
- To provide flexibility to cover alternate working hours to cover absence of other staff etc as instructed by the Workshop Managers.
- Completion of training and satisfactory assessment of knowledge as required by Corporate Fleet and Transport Manager.
This may include manufacturer product courses, legislation relating to work areas and health & safety related training.
- Provide input into vehicle specification and fault resolution.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
- To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars, and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the council's commitment to customer service excellence and ensure compliance with the customer care standards.
- To be committed to the Council's core values of public service, quality, equality, and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- Qualifications in Motor Vehicle Repair such as City and Guilds Level 1,2,3 or BTEC National Certificate
- Current IRTEC Licence
- Category B Licence minimum
- Experience in HGV Mechanics
- Flexible approach to work
For more details on this role or to apply, please email Prakash at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208967.
- Start: 24/04/2023
- Duration: 3 Months
- Rate: Up to £18.59 per hour
- Location: Islington, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Prakash Patel
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-04-13 09:42:57 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Neighbourhood Housing Officer
- Probation Service Officer
- Repairs and Maintenance Surveyor
- Registered General Nurse
- Compliance and Risk Officer
- Qualiry Assurance Manager
- Engineering Equipment Support
- Special Educational Needs Keyworker
- Property Manager
- Housing Administrator
- Waste Site Operations Officer
- Communications Officer
- Technical Officer - Adaptations
- Senior Accountant
- IT Server Team Specialist