Test Engineer required to join a leading Manufacturing business in the Bradford area.
You will be joining a forward-thinking, modern environment that will offer personal development and clear a progression path.
This is a day-based permanent position, with overtime at an uplifted rate, above average pension, 4 day working week, and an annual bonus.
As an innovative and forward-thinking manufacturing business with a long history in the Bradford area, supplying specialist bespoke components and products across the world, the suitable Test Engineer would be joining an organisation with a global presence.
The core purpose of the position will be to work closely with manufacturing and engineering disciplines to ensure all intelligent and non-intelligent LV and MV (up to 15kV) Switchgear and Motor Control Centres are functionally correct and manufactured to the correct standards.
Test Engineer Benefits
- Hourly rate will start between £14 - £16.82 per hour dependant on experience and knowledge.
- Contractual hours per week will be 37.5 - 8 am - 4 pm Monday - Friday.
Someone who has worked with the company 100 days may change their 37.5-hour working week and compress it into a 4-day working week
- 33 days holiday including statutory
- Health care, with the option to add family members.
Life assurance (x4 base salary)
- Pension matching contribution of up to 4%
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual bonus between 1-3% of salary, paid out at Christmas time.
Bonus is dependent on how the business has performed in the financial year
Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- The safe and timely execution of testing activities.
- Accountable for the Health & Safety of all personnel within the Test Engineer's test area.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed correctly and on time.
- Ensure all switchgear is completed to the highest possible standard and does not get dispatched for delivery to the customer in anything but the best possible condition.
- Take ownership of and be the lead person in delivering professional and timely FAT (Factory Acceptance Tests) ensuring that both the customer and company requirements are met.
- Communicating with various departments such as after-sales, engineering, and contract management
Test Engineer competencies:
- A good technical background with a specific bias towards the testing and inspection of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Switchgear, Motor Control Centres, and associated equipment.
- A full working knowledge of intelligent protection relays and the ability to quickly understand any new technology.
- Understanding of complex protection schemes (both standard and customer-specific)
- The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, able to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
Identify where changes and improvements can be made to the existing process.
- Experience with site/commissioning activities to further understand switchgear application
Test Engineer employment & education background
- The ideal candidate shall have extensive experience in testing/manufacturing LV & MV switchboards preferably supplied to an Oil & Gas/Petrochem market.
- Educated to a minimum of ONC in Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Previous experience in testing Electronic Protection Relays and associated communication systems essential.
For immediate consideration of the Test Engineer role, please “click apply” or contact Conor Wood at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Location: Bradford, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Contact: Conor Wood
- Tel: 01484 645269
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-04-14 09:49:31 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Assembly Fitter
- HSE Advisor
- Maintenance Supervisor / Team Leader – NEW FACTORY
- Press brake operator
- Maintenance Engineer
- Fabricator Welder
- IT Support
- TIG Welder
- Multi-Skilled Engineer
- Yard Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Technical Service Manager
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Engineering Planner
- Auto Electrician
- MIG /STICK Welder
- Foundry Operatives
- Assembly Fitter