Media Relations Specialist
Tudor Employment are recruiting a Media Relations Specialist on behalf of our national client operating in the environmental services space.
This is an officed based role, working from Tyseley, Birmingham, B11.
You will have previous administration and marketing/communications experience, with exposure of the environmental sector being extremely advantageous.
The right person for the role will exhibit a genuine passion for communications, demonstrating initiative and willingness to learn and grow within the role.
Culture fit is non-negotiable.
Note the role will require occasional travel between local and national sites, thus a driving license with access to your own vehicle is essential.
This is a full-time, temporary to permanent opportunity.
Are you the right person for this role? The desired Media Relations Specialist will:
- Have previous administrative and marketing/communications experience
- Have a full driving license and access to their own vehicle
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
What will I be doing? This is a dual aspect role: with responsibilities falling under both the communications and administration departments.
Duties of the Media Relations Specialist will include:
- Write and optimise content for the website, newsletter, print and social media
- Ensure consistency in terms of voice, branding, message and frequency of posting
- Develop and deliver well composed copy
- Provide clerical support to managers with generalist administrative functions
- Identify stories of interest and feed to the regional PR team
- Work closely with the PR team to achieve regional and contractual objectives
- Update office policies and ensure compliance
- Maintain an accurate filing system for customer data
- Develop and implement effective communications activities for external customers and stakeholders
- Establish working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Support, contribute and comply with quality and governance procedures as directed by management
- Any other duties as required to support the business, including maintaining business continuity
- Answering phones for the office and management team
- Work closely within the this team to achieve regional and contract objectives
- Support with responses to media and public enquiries
- Managing and communicating with community groups with regards to funding and keeping up to date with project status
- Attending local and regional meetings across Veolia sites where required
- Working in partnership with clients to deliver educational campaigns and resources with key messages aligned with the client to achieve ecological transformation
- Maintain internal databases and employee records (physical and digital)
- Maintain a filing system for data on customers and external partners
- Prepare regular reports and presentations
- Any other tasks and projects to support the Administration team
What are the hours of work?
This is a full-time vacancy, working from the site location in Tyseley to include occasional travel as required.
The Media Relations Specialist role involves working Monday – Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM with 30mins lunch (37.5hours per week).
What is the rate of pay?
The Media Relations Specialist role is salaried at £26,750 per annum equating to £13.72/hour.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com citing reference TEAVEOCOMRS/10.
Alternatively, for more information please call 01922 725445 and speak to Naomi (extension 1013).
For information on all of our roles, please refer to www.tudoremployment.co.uk.
#TeamTudor hope to hear from you soon.
- Rate: £26,750 per year
- Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Tudor Employmet
- Tel: 01922 725445
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TEAVEOCOMMRS/10
- Posted: 2023-04-17 18:08:19 -
- View all Jobs from Tudor Employmet
More Jobs from Tudor Employmet
- Safeguarding Assistant
- People Operations Adviser
- Plant Operative
- Order Pickers (P2-10PM)
- Order Pickers / Warehouse Operatives
- Warehouse Order Pickers (Nights)
- Temporary Partnership
- Onsite Recruitment Manager
- Payroll Advisor
- Communications Coordinator
- Waste/Recycling Operative - Stafford area
- Waste/Recycling Operative - Leek area
- Habitation Engineer
- Personal Assistant
- Recycling Operatives
- Financial Administrator
- Service Advisor
- IT PROJECT SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
- Temporary Category Manager