This job has been posted for more than 30 working days and has expired.
Mechanical Technician - Up too £37,000 - Weymouth
My Client is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Technician, Mechanical R&D to join our team in Weymouth, UK.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting Hardware R&D with the manufacture, build, and test of machine elements.
You will work closely with the Manager, Mechanical Engineering and the NPI Production Team to ensure that prototypes are built to the highest quality and specifications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build initial prototypes with minimal assistance, and handover to NPI Production Team
- Manufacture and modify components according to technical requirements/specifications
- Support running of machines and test equipment, including calibration and software tests
- Commission test rigs and components
- Define and support formal collection and reporting of test data and results
- Maintain the Machine Shop, labs, and equipment in a safe and usable condition
- Ensure tools, equipment, and materials are available to meet development requirements
Essentials & Desirables:
- Must possess a good level of secondary education with a minimum of GCSE or equivalent level qualifications (grade A-C) in both English Language and Math's.
- To have undertaken a formal apprenticeship within an Engineering environment.
- Must hold an engineering-based qualification at either NVQ II or III level or equivalent.
Alternatively, an engineering-based comparable specialist knowledge with long period of professional experience
- Demonstrate good organizational skills and able to prioritise.
- Previous experience in a modern engineering environment associated with product design and development.
If this position is something that you would be interested in, or would like to be apply, then please do email
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £30000 - £40000 per annum
- Location: Weymouth, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Electronics
- Recruiter: STR Group Limited
- Contact: Lewis Wright
- Tel: +44 (0)2392 314691
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-04-24 09:20:52 -
- View all Jobs from STR Group Limited
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Medical Devices Applications Trainer
- Senior Structural Engineer
- Digital Services Architect
- GIS Data Coordinator
- Grounds Maintenance Operative (5361)
- IT Network Engineer
- Claims Team Leader (P&I club) – London
- CNC Programmer
- QC Operations - Manager
- Naval Architect (Sailing Yachts) - Germany
- C++ Software Engineer
- HR & OD Transformation Programme Manager
- 5319 - General Builder
- Asset Integrity - Mechanical Engineer
- Senior C++ Developer
- Project Manager
- Programme Delivery Manager
- Quality Control Technician
- Financial Administrator
- Container Claims Specialist (P&I) – London