Principal Systems Engineer
Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Principal Systems Engineer with a background in either Automotive or Aerospace to be one of the technical leads in the development and implementation of complex systems projects within these industries.
The Principal Systems Engineer will play a critical role in the design, development, testing, and deployment of systems within the automotive or aerospace industries, using Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Design for Excellence (DfX) principles.
- Working within a team of systems engineers in the design, development, testing, and deployment of complex systems projects for applications ranging from small portable power devices to industrial power systems
- Develop system requirements, architectures, and designs that meet customer needs and requirements using MBSE and DfX tools and techniques
- Manage system integration, testing, and verification activities to ensure systems meet all requirements
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and technical plans within the automotive or aerospace industries, using MBSE and DfX tools and techniques to manage project complexity and ensure traceability
- Participate in technical reviews and provide technical guidance to the team, using MBSE and DfX techniques to facilitate effective communication and collaboration
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineers, program managers, and customers within the automotive or aerospace industries, using MBSE and DfX techniques to facilitate integration and collaboration across disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering or related field, master's degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in systems engineering within the automotive or aerospace industries, including experience in leading and managing teams
- Experience in the design, development, and deployment of complex systems within the automotive or aerospace industries, using MBSE and DfX principles and tools
- Proven track record in systems engineering of defining and delivering sub-systems and/or full products
- Strong understanding of systems engineering principles and methodologies
- Experience in system integration, testing, and verification using MBSE and DfX tools and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously within the automotive or aerospace industries
- Relevant industry certifications (INCOSE / IMechE / IET)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join a dynamic and growing company that values innovation, teamwork, and excellence.
If you have a passion for systems engineering we encourage you to apply.
Here are your two options:
"This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and lets talk through your experience.
Ask for Paddy Calver on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
"I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know - email@example.com
- Start: 27/04/2023
- Rate: Â£65000 - Â£70000 per annum
- Location: Loughborough,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
- Contact: Paddy Calver
- Tel: 0116 254 5411
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: V-59118-1
- Posted: 2023-04-27 13:49:05 -
- View all Jobs from Precision Recruitment UK Ltd