Corporate - Principal Associate
My client, a Top 45 law firm with offices nationally are seeking a Corporate Principal Associate to join their expanding team. With a modern approach and high levels of staff retention they have strong values and look to recruit employees of the same ethos.
About your new role
Their national corporate team provides a comprehensive range of legal services, with a particular focus on corporate transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and buy-ins, and trade sales and disposals.
They act on behalf of private equity funds, fund managers and investee companies and their management teams.
They also handle company re-organisations and re-structuring, joint ventures, shareholder agreements and investment agreements and offer advice on general company law compliance and corporate governance.
They are currently recruiting for a Corporate Lawyer 6YRS + PQE to join their Corporate team in Manchester.
The successful candidate will manage own workload and assist other lawyers in relation to corporate transactional work and company law advisory work.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To manage own workload of corporate transactional and company law advisory work (to include structuring and governance) for a variety of clients including owner managed businesses, private and public companies, public sector bodies, LLPs, partnerships and individuals
- Assist other lawyers in the team with their work as required including supporting lead advisers in transactional work and supervision of more junior lawyers
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of transactional and corporate documents
- To develop and build upon own case load of corporate/company law matters whilst supporting partners with larger scale matters
- Advise clients in relation to the various areas set out above
- Ensure clients are kept informed as often as may be required
- To take an active role in business development
- Attend client meetings and visit clients premises as necessary
- Liaise with internal and external parties such as colleagues, clients, other lawyers etc
- To train, supervise and develop junior team members
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KPIs are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the company values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
- Corporate Lawyer 6YRS + PQE
- Proven experience in all aspects of private M&A transactions
- High level of commercial awareness with strong attention to detail and good drafting skills
- Conscientious, self motivated, hard working, responsive, with critical thinking abilities and excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team within the national corporate teams supporting more senior and junior staff and across the wider firm on larger projects
- Methodical, organised, logical approach
- Passionate about operational excellence generating work opportunities through great service delivery and improving the client experience
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, tight timetables, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality
- Excellent drafting and research skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Why work for them
My client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK.
Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "they provide exceptional employee conditions, that nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
They are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
Work for a firm where people matter
As well as being immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people, they offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
To apply for this Corporate Principal Associate role please send a copy of your CV to Tracy Carlisle at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively give me a call on 0161 9147357 to discuss further.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK.
Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience.
You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success.
Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.
- Start: 03/05/2023
- Rate: Â£50000 - Â£85000 per annum
- Location: Manchester,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Legal
- Recruiter: Clayton legal
- Contact: Tracy Carlisle
- Tel: 01772 259121
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: BH-54279-2
- Posted: 2023-05-03 14:42:19 -
- View all Jobs from Clayton legal
More Jobs from Clayton legal
- RTA Fee earner Defendant team
- Claimant Litigation Executive
- Admin Assistant
- Legal Assistant
- Family Legal Secretary
- Commercial Property Solicitor (Full or P/T & Hybrid)
- Legal Cashier
- Commercial Property Legal Secretary
- Private Client Paralegal
- Family Paralegal / Legal Executive
- Court of Protection Legal Executive / Solicitor
- Legal Secretary (Conveyancing)
- Family Solicitor
- FEE EARNER - PRIVATE CLIENT
- Housing Disrepair Solicitor/Legal Executive
- Civil & Commercial Litigation Lawyer
- Trainee Private Client Paralegal
- Legal Secretary | Private Client
- Legal Cashier
- Junior Residential Conveyancer