Fabricator / Welder
33 days paid holidays , Permanent Position, OT available, competitive rate, Pension Contribution of up to 5% , 4 Day working week
We welcome applications from a Welder Fabricator background, vehicle building, vehicle maintenance, vehicle manufacture and vehicle repair background
Strong fabrication and welding skills with a recognised vocational qualification.
2 years' experience working in a Manufacturing Engineering or commercial vehicle industry must be able to read technical drawings and recognise welding symbols.
Used to working to tight delivery timescales
To carry out fabrication and welding work to progress job build and maintain build and delivery targets
Work to specifications, drawings and quality control build procedures recording all relevant data
Work to Health & safety controls using appropriate PPE and safe systems of work.
- Carry out fabrications and welding using own initiative and working in line with Instructions, specifications and drawings issued by supervision.
- Ensure that drawings, welding procedures and instructions are adhered to, Work to achieve company quality standards and targets times..
- Liaise with supervision/stores for stores items and procure from shelf or stillage, report shortages discrepancies and return all signed drawings to workshop supervision.
- Carry out inspections on own work, record all as built dimensions on route inspection and record settings ensure all parts are fitted and working .
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained by keeping your work area or bench in a tidy manner.
- Ensure all cables to hand tools weld sets etc do not cause trip hazards and are left tidy when not in use.
Ensure that all hand tools
- are returned to team security cage at the end of each shift
- Usable off cuts from saw, guillotine to be re located to the designated area.
All scrap items i.e.
steel, gloves, sanding discs etc must be deposited into the appropriate workshop bins.
- Adhere to shift start and finish times and break times.
- Fill in time sheet with Job No , task , quantity and time taken.
Give time sheet to team leader/supervisor
- Ensure you carry out your tasks in line with Safe Systems of Work Procedures.
- Ensure that the appropriate PPE is used for the task at hand.
Ensure that you use all manufacturing equipment in correct and safe manor only use equipment that you have appropriate training for leave equipment not in use tidy and stored in the designated area.
Report all equipment defects.
Bike to work scheme
Company sick pay scheme
Employee assistance programme
Enhanced holiday / service days
Enhanced pension scheme and DIS benefit
Health shield medical cash plan
Training and development
33 days Holiday
Pension Contribution up to 5%
4 day working week
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £29300.00 - £34000 per annum
- Location: Rotherham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Automotive
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Contact: Joseph Reid
- Tel: 01484 645269
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-15 10:00:05 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Engineering Planner
- Junior Buyer
- Assembly Fitter
- Auto Electrican
- Mechanical Assembler
- Vehicle Fitter
- Service Coordinator
- Vehicle Technician
- Auto Electrician
- Fabricator / Welder
- Auto Electrician
- Vehicle PDI Inspector
- Paint Sprayer
- Semi-Skilled Joiner
- Maintenance Engineer
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Project Coordinator
- Multiskilled Maintenance Technician
- Electrical PLC Controls Engineer