Planner/Buyer - Engineering
Are you looking for a new Planner/Buyer position?
My client, who are a global leading manufacturer of fire protection technology and equipment is looking to hire a Planner/Buyer to join their team at their UK Head Office based in Bentham.
As a Planner/Buyer based in Bentham, you will be responsible for the planning and procurement of materials for the Engineering Productions Department (EPD) via an ERP system, managing all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods, inventories, costs, planning and scheduling.
This includes a requirement to interface with the R&D department to support NPI and pre-production manufacturing.
The main responsibilities for the Planner/Buyer position, based in Bentham are:
- Analysing recommended orders, determining priorities and re-validating quotes.
- Placing purchase orders via the MRP system.
- Coordinate and work closely with quality, engineering, and operations departments to ensure 100% on-time delivery.
- Monitor/update forecasts to ensure maintenance of optimum stock levels are kept.
- Analysing sales orders and creating works orders via MRP system.
- Loading multiple manufacturing cell with work, balancing demand & capacity.
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions to ensure best pricing and incoterms are achieved prior to placing orders.
- Identifying potential new suppliers in line with business aspirations and onboarding new vendor accounts.
The ideal Planner/Buyer candidate, based in Bentham will have prior experience in purchasing within an engineering background.
You will have experience in planning within multiple cell manufacturing environments and be proficient in working with an MRP system.
In particular, you will possess strong organisational, data analysis, problem solving, time management and communication skills, with the ability to interact with a wide variety of suppliers, associates and colleagues.
Ideally, you will possess an Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel & Word proficiency and be able to read and understand technical drawings.
This Planner/Buyer position, based in Bentham provides a great opportunity to join an industry leading organisation so if you are interested, please apply today by emailing a copy of your up-to-date CV to BLockwood@redlinegroup.Com.
For more information, please give us a call on 01582 878807.
- Start: ASAP
- Location: North Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: Redline Group Ltd
- Contact: Ben Lockwood
- Tel: 01582 450054
- Fax: 01582 458685
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-22 11:06:38 -
- View all Jobs from Redline Group Ltd
More Jobs from Redline Group Ltd
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Contract Firmware Engineer
- Estate Maintenance Operative
- Production Administrator
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Contract Software Developer (Scala)
- Lead Quality Engineer
- Antenna Design Engineer
- Mechatronics Engineer
- Sales Manager - Defence
- Project Engineer
- RF Design Engineer - Power Amplifiers
- Contract Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Senior Electronic Design Engineer
- Principal Rotating Machinery Engineer
- Contract Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- RF Test / Design Engineer
- Project Manager
- Senior Software Engineer