Field Service Engineer
Mobile / Field Service Engineer with F Gas qualifications (G&G 2079 / BS2079) is required immediately for a permanent position to calibrate, service & repair environmental chambers / climate enclosures / ovens etc.
throughout Scotland and the North of England.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus excellent benefits (see below).
The Commercial Refrigeration Service Engineer will be working circa 37 hours (Mon - Fri days) + occasional O/T.
Applications also considered from recently qualified Refrigeration Service Technicians / Air Conditioning Engineers or experienced applicants from a similar background who hold FGAS Certification and a full UK driving llicence.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- Company Pension.
- Company Van, laptop & mobile phone.
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of B/hols) rising to 33 days holiday with service
- Hours of work: Mon to Thur, 8am - 30pm Friday 8am - 1pm.
- Occasional O/T (1.25x M-F O/T, 1.5x Sat O/T & 2x Sun / B/Hols) & call out fee (on rota 1 in 3 weeks)
- Yearly Bonus, (based on company and individual performance)
The successful Commercial Refrigeration Service Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Servicing and repairs of environmental chambers, climatic enclosure, ovens, test chambers, commercial chillers.
- Undertake temperature / humidity calibrations on equipment to traceable / in-house standards.
- Work to schedules provided by the company sales and admin team advising customers and colleagues of issue that may arise during site visit.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
The Commercial Refrigeration Service Engineer / Technician must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Experience of servicing & repairing environmental chambers would be beneficial, although not essential as training would be given.
- Ideally able to carry out temperature/humidity calibrations, although not essential as training would be given.
- F Gas Certified (Refrigerant handling - City & Guilds 2079 / BS2079)
- Self-motivated and must be able to work on own initiative and also work well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally & written.
- Good customer service skills and able to develop close working relationships with customers.
- Full UK Driving Licence (preferably clean, max 3 points)
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work under pressure when necessary.
- PC Literate - MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Good timekeeping & smart appearance.
The ideal Mobile / Field Service Technician Engineer (Refrigeration / F Gas) will have:
- Previous experience of calibrating, servicing and maintaining environmental chambers / climatic enclosures / ovens / test chambers.
- Experience of handling refrigerants / fluorinated gases.
- Recent experience in the field or installing / commissioning such as environmental chambers / climatic enclosures / ovens / test chambers etc.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
Key words: Field Service Engineer, Mobile Service Technician, On Site, Refrigeration, BS2079, F Gas, Refrigerant, HVAC, C&G 2079, Maintenance, Repair, Calibration, Temperature, Humidity, Environmental Chambers, Climatic Enclosure, Test Chamber, Climate Chamber, Ovens, Commercial Chillers, Ovens, Autoclaves, Industrial, Glenrothes, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland
The successful Refrigeration Field Service Engineer / Technician (F-Gas) will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description.
With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Commercial Refrigeration Field Service Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.
- Rate: £30000 - £37000 per annum + 20-25+8 days hols, pension, vehicle
- Location: Glenrothes, Scotland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: GPW Recruitment Services
- Contact: Kris Barron
- Tel: 0845 330 1111
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-07-03 16:11:43 -
- View all Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- CNC Miller CNC Turner and Conventional Grinder Setter Operators
- Facilities Office Manager
- Sewing Machinists
- Customer Support Advisor
- Duct Fitter
- Customer Service/New Business Consultant
- Purchasing Assistant
- Technical Sales Representative
- Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Science Graduate Quality Process Specialist
- Hire Controller
- Industrial Electrician
- Automotive SolidWorks Designer
- MIG welder x2
- Automotive SolidWorks Designer
- Mounter and Print Support Operative
- Senior Electrical Design Engineer
- Reach FLT Driver
- H&S Advisor