Head Of Engineering
Head of Engineering
We are currently partnering with one of the UKs largest manufacturers in their field.
The company have been established for nearly 8 decades and their continued success designing and manufacturing to an immensely high standard has led to their continued growth and prosperity.
Our client, a forward-thinking business sell a diverse range of products, delivering customised leading technology and services.
A reputable and respected business who pride themselves on customer focus and creating excellent customer value.
They strive for precision-standing for quality, speed, and flexibility, always driving leading technology forwards.
They are naturally curious, continually questioning things, demonstrating a solid passion to develop and learn collaborating as one team, one business.
This leading Manufacturing are now looking for a Head of Engineering.
As Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for managing and leading the R & D department- including Design Engineering, Production Engineering, Sample Pack team, Testing and Change Management to ensure that the technical and development objectives of all related team outputs are achieved.
Key responsibilities as Head of Engineering:
- You will be responsible for a team of 25 overall including 3 Senior Managers, who retrospectively manage their own teams.
Finite, strong leadership and organisation skills are critical for this position.
- You will manage key objectives and work assignments within the Engineering & Projects functions, setting targets and KPIs against these objectives and providing the guidance, direction, and prioritisation to achieve them
- Managing the workload, quality, and timeliness of the outputs from the project management team across projects and provide guidance and direction on workload prioritisation according to the business strategy
- Ensuring excellent capabilities and outputs in product design and development by building upon the team and structure to align new product development with Company strategy
- Being the primary technical knowledge interface for working with our customers and suppliers on product opportunities, performance improvements and technical issues resolution
- Acting as the technical lead for the Companys knowledge of engineering & design standards and requirements
- Being a champion and facilitator for implementing and applying Lean-CI and VA/VE tools and techniques in engineering to support operational productivity improvements
- Managing Engineering & Projects operating budgets including proposals for departmental development and engineering equipment
- Reviewing and improve departmental engineering processes, procedures, and production documentation, to ensure right-first-time design for product performance and manufacture ability
- Developing the team to become a high performing unit, improving service levels and, importantly, working with the leadership team to deliver value to our customers
Experience as Head of Engineering:
- An Engineering degree level qualification in mechanical or electrical design as a minimum
- Proven experience in both engineering & management roles, with additional experience in production/industrialization management being an advantage
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to motivate, manage and develop teams
- Project management experience and training, with a knowledge of structured PM methodologies
- Analytical and able to solve complex problems of varying natures
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, able to express complicated topics to a broader audience and
comfortable liaising across business functions at different levels
- Comfortable working with customers and a track record of successfully representing a company technically with third parties
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant machining, fabrication, and assembly capital equipment technologies and capabilities
- Self-driven, results oriented and passionate about driving improvements and delivering in a time driven environment
- Experience in Drives and Controls is an advantage
- Experience in using LEAN-CI tools, and techniques including Design for Six Sigma, Kaizen, VSM, SMED, in a manufacturing engineering context would be an advantage
Benefits for Head of Engineering:
- £75 - £95k DOE
- 4 x Death in service
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Excellent subsidised onsite canteen facilities
- State of the art modern facilities
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview
This is a full-time permanent position for the successful Head of Engineering.
For more information simply apply now or call Alison on 07483 025038 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start: 06/07/2023
- Rate: Â£75000 - Â£95000 per annum, Benefits: Enhanced Pension, 4 X Death In Pension, free parking, onsite canteen facilites
- Location: Poole,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Holt Recruitment
- Contact: Alison Francis
- Tel: 01202237383
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: V-56423
- Posted: 2023-07-06 15:31:07 -
- View all Jobs from Holt Recruitment
More Jobs from Holt Recruitment
- Twilight Bendi Driver
- ADHOC WORK
- Twilight Packing Operative
- Trainee Assembler
- Trainee Labourer
- Test and Acceptance Engineer
- Panel Beater
- Gas Engineer
- Production Team Leader
- Planning Manager
- PSV Technician
- Project Engineer
- Trainee Truck Sales Executive
- Automotive Service Advisor
- Mobile PSV Technician
- HGV Technician
- Mobile PSV Technician