Senior Quality Engineer - Electronics - N Bucks
My clients in North Bucks have an immediate requirement for a Senior Quality Engineer - Electronics.
This role is commutable from Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, St.
Neots, Biggleswade, Sandy, Bedford.
My clients are a world leader in in the design, manufacture and continuous improvement of wireless condition monitoring solutions.
Their technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining.
More than 30,000 sensors were installed last year, helping users manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Quality Engineer you will aim to achieve zero defects through quality control and continuous improvement, and to champion a quality mindset throughout a rapidly growing business.
This role reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and there may be an occasional requirement for national travel, primarily to meet suppliers and customers and support product deployment.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
Day to day activities:
• Develop and implement quality standards and quality control systems.
• Test and inspect electronics components and mechanical systems.
• Develop test methods and techniques.
• Monitor and analyse quality performance.
• Inspect and test materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
• Liaise with Operations, Technical and Quality to develop and implement controls and improvements.
• Ensure that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
• Investigate and troubleshoot product or production issues.
• Develop corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
• Identify ways to reduce waste and maximise resources.
• Prepare and present reports to qualify test, procedures and standards.
• Provide data analysis and deliver continuous improvement methodology throughout product lifecycle.
• Conduct product investigations using appropriate investigation techniques; Root Cause, Kaizen, 8D and other investigation techniques.
• Work with Suppliers/NPD team using failureproof techniques and process failure proofing (PFMEA, FMEA).
• Managing post launch product changes and deliverables.
• As part of the team provide pre and post launch data packs for review.
Relevant Skills & Competencies:
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
• A flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and work to varying priorities and deadlines in order to meet the needs of the business
• Strong ability at decision making and problem solving.
• A positive, professional attitude and a desire to complete tasks to the highest standard.
• A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues, gaining respect from those around them.
• A strong communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience:
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
• Experience in electronics and/or mechanical engineering.
• Demonstrable experience in quality engineering, quality assurance or similar.
• A degree level in quality, electronics, industrial, or mechanical engineering (or equivalent experience).
• An understanding of the product lifecycle.
• Experience in root cause and failure analysis tools.
• Good level of problem solving ability applying a methodical approach to discover, identify and resolve issues encountered using any methodology; 5W, 8D, Lean Six Sigma.
• Good working knowledge across the entire range of quality responsibilities; Supplier Quality, Goods Receipt, Final Inspection, Field Quality and Warranty.
• An understanding of ISO 9001 or similar.
• ASQ certification is advantageous.
• Experience of using ERP systems.
• Good MS Office skills including Excel for data analysis.
Salary to c£40k, negotiable for a candidate with extremely well matched skills & experience.
Workplace Pension Scheme with matched employer contributions.
Life Assurance scheme.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Tech Purchase Scheme.
Learning & Development scheme including a variety of training courses.
To apply for this Senior Quality Engineer - Electronics role in North Bucks please contact us ASAP!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: QEME-712026-AG
- Posted: 2023-08-04 15:30:33 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
More Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment Limited
- Engineering Manager - Precision Engineering - Suffolk
- Senior / Lead Software Engineer: Azure / AWS / DevOps - N Bucks
- Principal Software Engineer/Architect: AWS / Azure / DevOps - N Bucks
- Mechanical Engineer: SolidWorks / SolidEdge - N Bucks
- Facilities & Equipment Engineering Coordinator - Cambs
- Customer Support Technician: Electronics - N Bucks
- Patent Analyst - Biochemistry / Chemistry - Cambs
- Embedded Software Engineer - C / RTOS - N Bucks
- Software QA Engineer: Web Monitoring - N Bucks
- Thermal Physicist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Thermal Chemist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Senior Software Engineer: Python - N Bucks
- Chemist: Battery Materials - Cambs