Band 3 Healthcare Assistant - Older Adult
Applications are invited from enthusiastic Healthcare Assistants with a genuine committment to working with older people to join the comprehensive service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The Older Adult Service has a four in-patient centres; including an assessment ward through to the later stages of an individual’s experience of dementia, as well as Community Day Services.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 3 salary is £26,418 to £30,926 plus an annual bonus of £1,517 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 40% evening/Saturday and 80% Sunday/BH.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000.
It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St.
Peter's Port, the island's capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare services within the hospital, and supporting people in the wider community.
They have recently launched their Island-wide Dementia Framework; striving to make the island Dementia Friendly so that their older population feel valued and are treated with the dignity and respect that they so rightly deserve.
All of this is reliant on the excellent calibre of Mental Health staff recruited to a very high standard.
At least 12 months relevant experience in an Older Persons setting.
Completion of NVQ3 or equivalent.
Passionate about working with older people who display complex behaviours that challenge.
The desire to work in a team and organisation committed to person-centred care and giving you time to care.
The benefits of working for the States of Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,517
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000
– On-site Staff Accommodation
– A generous allowance for private rental accommodation
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Healthcare staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of such roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: £27.9k - 32.4k per year + Bonus, Relocation, Accommodation
- Location: Guernsey
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: UOA404/GY
- Posted: 2023-08-11 10:24:00 -
- View all Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
More Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- NHS Band 8D/9 Divisional Nurse Director - Medicine
- Staff Nurse - Hospice / Palliative Care
- DEPUTY MANAGER - LEARNING DISABILITES - SUPPORTED LIVING
- Inpatient Staff Nurse
- Registered Nurse - Intensive Care
- Band 5 Staff Nurse - Older Adult Physical & Mental Health
- Deputy Manager - Learning and Physical Disabilities Supported Living
- Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
- Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
- Deputy Manager - Adult Disabilities Residential
- Cardiac ITU - NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse
- Theatre Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner
- Surgical First Assistant
- Deputy Manager - Complex Adult Disabilities Community Care
- Theatre Scrub Practitioner
- Operating Theatre Recovery Practitioner
- Senior Orthopaedic / Spinal Scrub Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Advisor NHS 111 Service
- Lead Endoscopy Practitioner
- Paramedic Clinical Advisor NHS 111 Service