Mechanical Calibration Technician
Dimensional Calibration Technician required immediately for a permanent position in the Chester / Deeside area.
Competitive salary (DoE) working circa 37 hours (Mon - Thur Days & Fri AM) + occasional O/T.
The Calibration Technician will predominately dimensional tools and gauges to traceable and UKAS standards
The client will also consider candidates who have completed a mechanical apprenticeship, recently Mechanical Engineering graduates or candidates from a mechanical inspection, quality, machining, toolmaking background who have experience of using and or calibrated standard dimensional measuring equipment
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 37hrs / week - 7:45am-4:30pm Mon -Thur and 7:45am-11:45am Fri
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company "perks" benefits
- Medicash Health plan
- Occasional O/T
Primary Purpose of Job: Joining the team as a Dimensional Calibration Technician, you will undertake calibration of measuring equipment to both ISO9001 and BS EN ISO 17025 requirements in accordance with Company Procedures, UKAS publications, and other internationally recognised specifications.
Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilising calibration management software programs.
The successful Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Technician day to day duties will include:
- Calibrate mechanical measuring instrumentation to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing quality written documents.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Dimensional Calibration Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally have previous experience of using / inspecting digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers calipers, micrometers, DTI's, gauges (slips / blocks, plug, ring, height etc.) engineers squares.
- Able to work to metric and imperial measurements.
- Must be PC Literate (MS Word & MS Excel), Outlook / Email
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with the minimum of supervision
The ideal Mechanical Calibration Technician will have:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Inspector, QA / Calibration Technician, Toolmaker, Machinist, Bench / Mechanical Fitter etc.
- Experience working with quality systems
- Experience of calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI's, calipers, micrometers, gauges (slips / blocks, plug, ring, height, screw, thread etc.) fixtures, engineers' squares, to in-house, traceable or UKAS standards.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration, aerospace, automotive, engineering or manufacturing sectors
Key words: Calibration, Dimensional, Mechanical, Test and Measurement, Metrology, Quality Systems, UKAS, Semi-Skilled, Trainee, Junior, Technician, Engineer, Toolmaker, Standards Room, Inspection, Machinist, Fitter, PC Literate, Mechanic, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, HSS, Ex HM Forces, Perm, Chester, Cheshire, North Wales.
The successful Dimensional Calibration Technician / Mechanical Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description.
With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical Calibration Technician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £24000 - £26000 per annum + 25+8 days hol, pension + bens
- Location: Chester, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Aerospace
- Recruiter: GPW Recruitment Services
- Contact: Kris Barron
- Tel: 0845 330 1111
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-08-15 19:32:50 -
- View all Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Engineering Purchasing Officer with Stores experience
- Purchasing Administrator Buyer
- CNC Miller Programmer / Operator
- Laser CAD Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Pipework Draughtsman
- Project Engineer
- Graduate CE&I Engineer
- Vehicle Technician
- Chemical Production Operator
- Refractory Maintenance Technician
- Print Machine Operative
- Industrial Electrician x6
- Vehicle Technician/MOT Tester
- Operations Manager
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Principal Design Engineer
- Lead/Senior Design Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Senior Project Manager