Financial Controller - Charity Group
Financial Controller – Charity Group
Role: Financial Controller
Salary: Up to £60,000
If you are looking to make an impact not just professionally, but also personally, then this role is for you.
We are working with a wonderful charity based In the South of London that has unique involvement in hospitality.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the role is a broad and varied position. It is integral to the successful operations of the Charity and ensures sound financial control, reporting and responsibility for both day-to-day accounting and payroll, as well as more strategic reporting, budgeting, and compliance with relevant statutory regulations.
The post holder is also responsible for the management of the outsourced IT function and includes the management of two experienced team members.
Hospitality/Leisure experience is a plus.
- Preparing monthly payroll for our payroll provider and uploading employee payments and payments to HMRC are submitted on a timely basis.
- Preparing quarterly group VAT returns and submit to HMRC.
- Preparing monthly management accounts, finance reports for Board of Trustees, cash flow forecasts and Restricted Funds analysis and monitoring closely.
- Preparing audit schedules.
- Reviewing consolidated financial statements/corporation tax computations and ensuring that all are submitted to Company’s House/HMRC.
- Ensuring that all Statutory filings are made to Charities Commission, Companies House, and HMRC.
- Reviewing financial controls and ensuring controls are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that income and expenditure are accurately accounted for in all grants and funding bids and that all Fund-Raising Events are supported.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly experienced as a Financial Controller/ Management Accountant within the charity environment.
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA fully qualified.
- Expert user of SAGE and MS Excel.
- Able to undertake high level financial reporting and analysis and understands the fundraising and reporting requirements within a charitable organisation.
- Strong experience in cash flow management and in improving efficiencies and reducing costs across a business to enable maximum profitability to reinvest in our work.
Offer and Benefits.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Full time or part time with the opportunity for hybrid working (ideally 2-3 days a week at Head Office), and flexible working options are welcomed.
- Company Pension and benefits which include a Blue Light Card.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity do apply today to begin a chat with Fabian, Talent Scout @ COREcruitment.com
COREcruitment are expert in recruiting for Hospitality, Catering, Leisure, Retail, FM, Property and Construction sectors.
We currently have over 1350 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, Africa, North & Central America and South East Asia.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website www.corecruitment.com or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Likewise, if you are looking to recruit then we would love to hear from you.
Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
More Jobs from COREcruitment
- Assistant Hotel Manager - Head of Services
- HEAD CHEF
- Restaurant Manager
- Senior Project Manager - London - Up to 80,000 pa DOE
- Deputy General Manager - Monday to Friday - B&I - Contract Catering
- Sales & Events Manager- Unique London Venue
- Event Operations Manager
- Head Sommelier - Luxury Hotel - Ireland
- Key Account Manager
- Finance Director
- OTA Distribution & Revenue Manager - London
- Business Manager - Leisure Group / Non for profit
- Global Chief Marketing Officer
- Human Resources Director
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Director
- VP of Global Distribution - Hospitality Group
- Sous Chef
- Chef de Partie - Premium Restaurant - 35k
- Senior Sous Chef - 4-day week - 36k