GNC Algorithms & Simulator Team Lead
Holt Executive are currently partnered with a global leader in Space and Satellite Sustainability, a dynamic and rapidly growing technology innovator who are making hugely positive contributions to the growing problem of orbital space debris.
They require a GNC Algorithms & Simulator Team Lead to take responsibility for the leadership and management responsibilities of a team of passionate and talented GNC engineers.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly talented engineers working on cutting edge technology, from their new state-of-the-art office and cleanroom facility in Oxford.
The company offer hybrid and flexible working.
Responsibilities for the GNC Algorithms & Simulator Team Lead:
- Lead GNC algorithm development analyse, design, implement and validate algorithms for RPO (Rendezvous and Proximity Operations), working with other engineering disciplines (especially flight dynamics, flight software) to develop safe GNC algorithm solutions which meet project requirements.
- Ensure logical and well managed configuration control of the GNC algorithms.
- Support development of GNC software architecture, with designs leading towards an overall GNC software solution.
- Lead GNC simulator development implement and validate GNC simulator models and architecture.
- Lead the team to deliver GNC algorithm and simulator developments to the company project technical and programmatic requirements.
- Produce well structured, realistic, clear plans with key activities, timescales, milestones and resources.
Experience required by the GNC Algorithms & Simulator Team Lead:
- Diploma, bachelors or masters degree in aerospace engineering or another relevant engineering/science discipline.
- 5+ years experience of algorithm & control law development including:
- Use of GNC design and simulation software e.g.
- Implementation of control laws, navigation algorithms.
- Modelling of environmental disturbances and satellite GNC hardware.
- Translating algorithms into operational flight software.
- Comprehensive theoretical knowledge in control law techniques and filtering techniques.
- Comprehensive theoretical knowledge of guidance strategies for RPO missions.
- Matlab/Simulink development skills expert/advanced level.
- C/C++ software development skills intermediate level.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)