Homeless Support Worker
Single Homeless Pathway
Newport, Sandown, Shanklin, Ryde
30 / 35 Hours per Week
12 Week Temp to Perm Contract
One of the largest Housing Associations in the UK is recruiting for a Support Worker to work as part of the Single Homeless Pathway team across multiple locations on the Isle of Wight, providing support services to vulnerable residents, promoting independence within their home and the wider community
In this Support Worker post you will be working at a number of different schemes based around the Isle of Wight in Newport, Sandown, Shanklin, Ryde.
The focus of this Support Worker is to work as part of a team supporting those at risk of homelessness with their tenancy sustainment and to maintain independent living.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide support to residents and people receiving a service from us, through the principles of housing first and psychologically informed environments, as identified in their needs assessment and support plan
- Deliver services in a way that uses a strengths-based approach promoting independence, rights, choices, dignity and inclusion
- Summon professional assistance in the case of an emergency
- Practice within the criteria set out by the Local Authority, ensuring residents and people who receive a service from us, have an up-to-date support plan which reflects their needs, wishes and agreed outcomes
- Deliver key working sessions, promoting engagement with people in the service, writing plans to help them achieve their goals and desired outcomes
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with people who receive a service from us and stakeholders
- Promote life skills and social skills and encourage resident involvement, playing a key role in the successful implementation of the Customer Involvement Framework.
- Signpost and access specialist services, as required to meet identified outcomes
- Provide assistance with security of the resident's home, and provide support with maintaining a safe living environment
No experience is required for this Support Worker role as all training will be provided.
However, you will need the below characteristics to excel in the role:
- Be able to listen and communicate effectively at all levels
- Have good written/administrative and it skills
- Have empathy, compassion and patience
- Be able to work unsupervised in a range of environments and also as part of a team
- Be committed to upholding the values of the group and the pathway ethos
- Have a keenness to make a positive contribution to improving the quality of life for people with various care and support needs
- Be able to provide practical support with daily living activities and social skills
- Be able to respond in a professional manner to stressful and challenging behaviour
- Be a well-motivated self-starter, with a flexible approach to work
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a temp-to-perm Support Worker role, on an initial 3-month contract.
30 and 35 hour per week options are available.
The purpose of the vacancy is to cover the recruitment process for a permanent staff member, but if you are successful in the role there is a strong chance the contract will become permanent beyond 12 weeks.
Pay will be pro rata, in line with the permanent salary of £22,750.
If this Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Rate: £11.50 - £12.50 per hour
- Location: Ryde, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-08-25 14:41:52 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 8a PCN Pharmacist
- Finance Clerk
- Structural Engineer - North London
- Band 7 CBT Therapist
- Housing Management Worker
- School Staff Nurse
- Wills and Probate Lawyer
- Multi Trade Joiner
- Recruitment Consultant
- Bench Joiner
- Multi Trade Joiner
- Commercial Lawyer - Scotland
- Recruitment Consultant
- Capital Project manager
- Childrens Social Worker [Blackburn with Darwen]
- Healthcare Assistant