Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Job Title: Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Hours: 37, hybrid working available
Salary: £32,724 per annum + benefits package
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a Housing Association based across Kent, who are looking for an experienced Tenancy Sustainment Officer to have a key role in providing tenancy related support to vulnerable residents to ensure they live independently and remain in their home.
Your persistent and resilient approach will encourage residents, often with complex issues, to develop the skills and motivation to engage with services and improve their lives.
- To improve residents lives by giving holistic person-centred support, establishing a positive working relationship with residents to assist them in reaching their aims, maintaining tenancies, and developing independent living skills.
- To manage a caseload of residents, understanding their support needs through conducting interviews and undertaking regular visits to their homes or other places where the resident feels comfortable and continuing meaningful contact.
- Be responsible for the immediate support needs of residents as appropriate, including crisis intervention.
- Ensure residents are supported and coached to apply for a range of benefits and other funding available, and to appeal unsuccessful decisions.
- To negotiate with statutory and non-statutory/voluntary agencies, where appropriate, to agree their participation in supporting the individual.
- To create positive working relationships and motivational support plans using best practice interventions (e.g., outcomes stars, strengths-based practice)
- Proven experience of providing support across a range of areas to vulnerable individuals.
- Proven knowledge of best practice, guidance and legislation relating to tenancy sustainment issues such as poor mental health, financial support, tenancy law, substance misuse, and the statutory and voluntary sector support available.
Also proven expertise/ experience in at least one area of these.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of the welfare benefits system, appeals, and ensuring that residents are supported to access statutory and non-statutory funding.
- Ability to work sensitively with customers who present with complex needs e.g.
substance misuse, domestic abuse, poor mental health, learning difficulty, hate crime etc
- A level qualification or equivalent relevant professional qualification, or qualified by experience.
- Full driving license
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Design Engineer
- Environment Advisor
- Internal Auditor
- ADULTS ADVANCED PRACTITIONER
- Customer Resolutions Manager
- Property Development Programme Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Community Payback Supervisor
- Community Support Worker
- Finance Officer
- Probation officer court report writer Doncaster
- Registered General Lead Nurse
- Digital Supply Chain Analyst
- Probation Officer - Southwark
- Remote Probation Officer - South Essex
- Probation Officer - Highbury Magistrates Court