Lead Quality Engineer
Excellent progression & development opportunities, hybrid working scheme, flexible working hours, 33 Holidays, 13% pension scheme, on-site gym, free parking and long-term job stability are some of the perks the Quality Engineer will enjoy whilst working with this world class manufacturing business
You have the opportunity to apply for a Quality Engineer position with a company that have been established since the late 1800s.
Now employing over 1000 people worldwide, this manufacturing powerhouse supply into a number of high-profile industries including Defence, Power Generation and Oil & Gas.
Based in HUDDERSFIELD, just 10 minutes from the M62, this business is easily commutable from Halifax, Bradford, Leeds, Rochdale, Oldham, Manchester, Wakefield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Maintaining and continually enhancing procedures, processes, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in line with national and international standards, as well as customer requirements.
- Undertaking investigations, root cause analyses (RCAs), corrective actions, preventive actions (CAPAs), and employing problem-solving tools like 8D, A3, DMAIC, 5 WHY, and Ishikawa diagrams.
- Validating internal and supplier documentation, such as inspection records, dimensional inspections, First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs), material certifications, Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) records, Certificates of Conformance (CofCs), and Declarations of Conformity (DoCs).
- Conducting internal and supplier business systems audits in accordance with ISO 9001, utilising risk-based thinking.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of check sheets, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), special processes, procedures, technique sheets, and inspection sheets.
For the Quality Engineer role, we are keen to receive applications from individuals who possess:
- Formal qualifications within a relevant discipline/subject (Apprenticeship, Degree, HNC, HND, BTEC/NVQ/City & Guilds Level 3 etc.)
- Proficiency in facilitating Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCA/CAPA) analysis methodology.
- Experience with plans, Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), control plans, or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of IS09001 - ideally with Auditing qualifications and experience
Working hours of the Quality Engineer:
Working 37.5 hours per week, the successful candidate will be offered a with flexible working hours to suit their circumstances; however, the below core working hours must be worked by all employees.
- Monday to Thursday - 9:30AM to 2:15PM
- Friday - 9:30AM to 12PM
In return, the Quality Engineer will receive:
- Starting Salary: Up to £39,000.00 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement: 33 Days including public holidays
- Pension Scheme: Up to 13% combined contribution with immediate enrolment (8% Employer / 5% Employee)
- Hybrid Working Pattern: 4 Days onsite / 1 day at home per week
- Access to onsite facilities including free car parking and company gym
To apply for the Quality Engineer position, please click “Apply Now” and attach a copy of your CV.
Alternatively, please contact E3 Recruitment for more information.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Up to £41000.00 per annum + 13% Pension + Flex Hours + Hybrid
- Location: Rochdale, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Contact: Callum Good
- Tel: 01484 645269
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-09-04 08:00:12 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Field Service Engineer
- Assembly Fitter
- Forklift Driver
- Facilities Manager
- Contract Mechanical Fitter
- Maintenance Engineer
- Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Technician
- Works Manager
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer
- Lab Technician
- TAR Construction & Contracts Lead
- Paint Prepper
- Vehicle Paint Sprayer
- Mig Welder/Grinder
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Van Fitter
- Field Service Engineer
- HGV Technician