Social Impact Programme Manager - CSR
Social Impact Programme Manager - Corporate Social Responsibility
Reading or London Office Location With Hybrid Working
Initial 9 Month Contract paying upto £195 per day PAYE
The Corporate Social Responsibility department within this high profile Technology corporation, is seeking a Social Impact Programme Manager to join them on contract basis to lead & deliver a range of important philanthropic projects.
Tasked with enabling the organisations mission of empowering communities and nonprofits to realise the potential of technology, the challenge for the Social Impact Programme Manager has increased with the advent of AI technology and the need to create equitable opportunities for people to participate in the AI and digital economy.
The company actively develops and delivers a range of programmes and partnerships to support people, charities, and communities.
As part of this effort, the Social Impact Programme Manager will help lead on selected projects across the company's UK focus areas of Skills for Jobs, Employee Giving, Humanitarian Response and AI for Good.
This role provides a superb opportunity to advance your career in corporate responsibility and social impact, by applying your skills to a highly purpose-driven role in a stimulating and supportive business group.
Success will require fast-learning, strong project management skills, cross-group collaboration and attention to detail.
The role reports into the UK Philanthropies Lead and will work in close collaboration with the government affairs, skills, social value and marketing & communications teams as key internal stakeholders.
The Role & Responsibilities:
Projects are likely to include supporting the implementation and delivery of an AI Skilling initiative in the UK, working in close collaboration with the relevant nonprofit partners.
Supporting the continued successful delivery of existing Skills for Jobs programmes in the UK with a range of partners, ensuring the projects are on track.
Identifying and fostering new collaboration opportunities among multiple stakeholders (nonprofit partners, employment and government agencies, corporate partners, employees) to drive further impact around Skills for Jobs programme.
Delivering a range of projects to increase participation in the UK employee giving programme.
Showcasing the positive impact of the company's social value work in the UK.
When necessary, providing Humanitarian Response support for local and global humanitarian response efforts.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Circa 5 years experience in a corporate social responsibility, social impact, or philanthropy focused role, or of implementing purpose-led projects and programmes.
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills, including the ability to drive multiple projects at the same time, comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritising in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing social impact projects and programmes.
- Experience of working closely with public, private and third-sector organisations.
- Ability to be agile, learn quickly and possess a growth mindset.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Team player with demonstrable ability to quickly build relationships and to work horizontally and vertically within an organisation.
- Strong affinity for technology and understanding of the wider political and policy issues.
- Written and oral proficiency in English.
Additional languages are beneficial.
- Experience leading internal & external marketing/ PR/communications campaigns is a bonus.
Interested Candidates seeking a challenging & rewarding role need to apply now!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 9 Months
- Rate: £170 - £195 per day + Paid Holiday & Pension
- Location: Reading, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Charities
- Recruiter: McGinley Support Services
- Contact: Alec White
- Tel: 01932 230868
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-09-05 16:48:27 -
- View all Jobs from McGinley Support Services
More Jobs from McGinley Support Services
- Maintenance Engineer
- Stores Planner - Engineering
- Snr Quality Engineer - Automotive
- Maintenace Engineer
- Reporting Administrator
- Field Service Engineer
- x2 Plasterers
- x2 Carpenters / Joiners
- Roller Driver
- Project Manager (Retail & Fit-Out) East Anglia
- Salaried General Practitioner
- PA (Personal Assistant) - FMCG
- Process Excellence Lead - Recruitment
- Maintenance Technician
- Mobile Air Conditioning Engineer
- Lead Maintenance Engineer
- AV Project Manager BESPOKE PROJECTS