Team Leader (HMP Brixton)
Team Leader (HMP Brixton) – Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract – Brixton, London – 35 hours per week - £30,082.00 per annum
- Training opportunities and career development.
- Flexible working.
- Season ticket loan scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme.
- Crisis Loan Scheme.
- Simply Health - Health Cashback Scheme.
- 3 x Wellbeing Days (Pro Rata'd for Part Time Employees)
- Access to Blue Light Card.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (rising to 30 days with length of service)
- Excellent contributory pension scheme.
Employer matched contributions of up 6% in the first two years' service and up to 9% thereafter.
- Death in service payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical illness insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
The Forward Trust is a leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders in the UK.
Our mission is to help individuals break free from addiction and crime by offering effective treatment and recovery support in prisons and the community.
We are dedicated to providing access to support that protects health and motivates individuals toward their own recovery journey.
Role Overview - Team Leader (HMP Brixton):
In this engaging role, you will oversee a team delivering health and wellbeing interventions to adult drug and alcohol users.
Tailoring treatment to individual needs, you will use harm reduction and abstinence-based approaches, while addressing low-level mental health needs.
Daily tasks involve allocating caseloads, handling a number of intricate cases, driving team growth, and upholding deadlines and quality benchmarks.
Ensuring adherence to performance targets set by Forward, commissioners, and the prime contractor will also be part of your role.
At times you will be the most senior representative on site and will be required to deputise for the Service Manager to ensure the smooth running of the service.
Role Responsibilities – Team Leader (HMP Brixton):
- Support the service manager in developing relations and set team and individual objectives to implement and achieve strategic objectives.
- During periods of change (e.g., contract implementation, management transitions, new work methodologies), serve as a positive role model.
- Foster and nurture relationships with key stakeholders and prison governors, acting as Forward's representative in regular meetings.
- Address individual development requirements of direct reports, conducting quarterly line management and probation evaluations as a baseline.
- Assure the delivery of all interventions meets the required standards by facilitating observed practice sessions, conducting file assessments, and furnishing constructive feedback.
- Ensure effective case load management, guaranteeing appropriate client prioritization and timely engagements.
- Review ongoing care and treatment in collaboration with other agencies.
- Inspire the team to achieve KPIs and play an active role in their implementation and attainment.
- Oversee team performance and dynamics to maintain a positive work atmosphere.
- Collaborate with HR and the RSM, escalating all concerns to the RSM.
- Set an example in practicing self-care, including utilisation of therapy allowance and annual leave.
- Experience of working within the substance misuse services within a prison.
- Proven track record in leading and effectively managing teams, enhancing performance, and driving growth.
- Experience carrying out comprehensive assessments, designing and implementing SMART care plans.
- An enthusiasm for motivating and supporting individuals.
- Hands-on experience in managing significant relationships, both within and outside the organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing formal procedures and policies.
- Outstanding aptitude for resolving issues and negotiating effectively.
- Proficiency in project management and efficient time utilisation.
- A qualification in Management at Level 5 or demonstrable experience in a comparable role.
The Forward Trust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.
We actively encourage applications from individuals with lived experience of addiction and the criminal justice system.
More Jobs from i4 Recruitment
- Prospect Research Officer
- Events Officer
- Senior Grants Officer
- HGV C+E Driver
- Generator Engineer
- Generator Engineer
- Warehouse Operative
- Health and Wellbeing Practitioner
- Essex RECONNECT Trainee
- IAG Advisor (Prisons)
- Employment Coach
- Employment Coach (HMP Aylesbury)
- Essex RECONNECT Coordinator
- Prescription Administrator
- Recovery Worker
- Recovery Worker
- Tenancy Support Coordinator
- Hostel In-Reach Worker
- Floating Support Worker
- Production Operatives