Family Support Practitioner (HMP Brixton)
Family Support Practitioner (HMP Brixton) – Full Time, Permanent – Brixton, London – 35 hours per week - £25,154.00 per annum
- Training opportunities and career development.
- Flexible working.
- Season ticket loan scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme.
- Crisis Loan Scheme.
- Simply Health - Health Cashback Scheme.
- 3 x Wellbeing Days (Pro Rata'd for Part Time Employees)
- Access to Blue Light Card.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (rising to 30 days with length of service)
- Excellent contributory pension scheme.
Employer matched contributions of up 6% in the first two years' service and up to 9% thereafter.
- Death in service payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical illness insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
The Forward Trust is a leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders in the UK.
Our mission is to help individuals break free from addiction and crime by offering effective treatment and recovery support in prisons and the community.
We are dedicated to providing access to support that protects health and motivates individuals toward their own recovery journey.
Role Overview - Family Support Practitioner (HMP Brixton):
In this rewarding role, you will provide specialist support to clients and family members through the delivery of effective 1:1 and group interventions.
This role also requires working closely with other Forward staff and external partners to ensure a holistic package of care and support is provided.
This role will focus specifically on supporting clients to recognise healthy and unhealthy relationships, build new relationships and understand the role relationships play in their addiction, offending, mental health and other areas of need.
You will also directly assist family members and concerned significant others (CSOs), aiding them in enhancing their well-being and empowering them to support clients in achieving positive changes.
Role Responsibilities – Family Support Practitioner (HMP Brixton):
- To deliver support through both in-person and online interactions for clients and their family members/CSOs.
- To provide assistance within the prison setting and the community, as directed by your line manager.
- To actively contribute to collaborative support plans for clients, coordinating with other team members as necessary.
- Conduct individual support sessions with clients, focusing on matters related to family and relationships.
- Take the lead in facilitating relevant group interventions as needed, such as the Relationships Matter Programme, parenting programs, and M-PACT.
- Direct clients and their family members to appropriate support services.
- Conduct needs and risk assessments for family members/CSOs, facilitate 1:1 support sessions, arrange family meetings, and provide guidance for family visits as necessary.
- Collaborate closely with the Family and Young People (YP) Department to provide effective support to clients and their family members/CSOs.
- Experience of providing support to families and providing help for family-related issues that may affect clients in prison and community services.
- Ability to offer direct assistance to family members/CSOs.
- Proficiency in handling intricate family dynamics and facilitating family meetings.
- Experience in conducting group interventions and guiding group work with clients.
- Previous experience in devising and implementing service enhancements.
- Understanding of the voluntary sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of adult and child/YP safeguarding responsibilities.
- An understanding of a range of treatment and rehabilitative approaches in the field of substance misuse/addiction, offending and mental health.
- Possession of an accredited level 3 qualification in family work, or other related subject area.
The Forward Trust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.
We actively encourage applications from individuals with lived experience of addiction and the criminal justice system.
More Jobs from i4 Recruitment
- Prospect Research Officer
- Events Officer
- Senior Grants Officer
- HGV C+E Driver
- Generator Engineer
- Generator Engineer
- Warehouse Operative
- Health and Wellbeing Practitioner
- Essex RECONNECT Trainee
- IAG Advisor (Prisons)
- Employment Coach
- Employment Coach (HMP Aylesbury)
- Essex RECONNECT Coordinator
- Prescription Administrator
- Recovery Worker
- Recovery Worker
- Tenancy Support Coordinator
- Hostel In-Reach Worker
- Floating Support Worker
- Production Operatives