Council Tax Customer Service Officer - Basildon
Council Tax Customer Service Officer – Basildon
Full Time / Hybrid
- Interpretation of Council Tax legislation, ensuring that processes and decisions apply in accordance with law and policy guidelines.
- To have an understanding of the Local Council Tax Support Scheme in accordance with local policy and guidelines.
- Make simple changes in respect of Council Taxdiscounts.
Ensure that demand notices are issued in a timely manner, referring any matters of doubt to a Senior Billing and Compliance officer.
- Undertake enquiries to identify exemptions, discounts and reliefs from council tax.
- Verify and validate information, making all necessary calculations to determine entitlement and notifying customers accordingly.
- Liaise with Outreach and Engagement Officers in relation to establishment of liabilities, reliefs and other queries, and claims for benefit and LCTS.
- To maintain an awareness of current legislation, policy and guidance relating to Council Tax.
- Answer queries from customers for clarification of Council Tax liability, referring any errors discovered to the billing team.
- To liaise with all internal and external partners as required.
To find out more information please contact Lucie at Billyf@4recruitmentservices.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
We are an equal opportunity.
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- In-house Recruiter
- Data Cleanser - Swindon
- Family Support Worker - Redbridge
- Family Support Worker
- Leaving Care Support Worker - Bolton
- Benefits Assessor - Esher
- General Practitioner
- Property Lawyer
- Cleaning Supervisor
- Water Hygiene Technician
- CCTV Operator - Manchester
- Revenues Officer - Shrewsbury
- Service Manager (Family Placements and Sufficiency) - Yorkshire Collaboration
- Payroll & Employee Officer (G5/6) - Yorkshire Collaboration
- Care Co-Ordinator
- Homelessness Relief and Prevent Officer
- Night Cleaner
- Construction Solicitor
- Maintenance Electrician