Events Officer – Full Time, Permanent – 35 hours per week – Remote / Vauxhall, London - £28,221.00 per annum.
- Training opportunities and career development.
- Flexible working.
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter.
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
The Forward Trust is a leading UK provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders.
We are committed to delivering effective treatment and recovery support to individuals within both prison and community settings, facilitating their transition away from addiction and crime.
Our comprehensive services encompass a wide range of support, including advice, counselling, group therapy, and intensive treatment programs.
At The Forward Trust, we firmly believe in ensuring that all individuals struggling with addiction or substance misuse have access to support that safeguards their health and inspires progress toward recovery.
With over two decades of dedicated service, we have successfully guided numerous drug-dependent offenders toward a path free from crime and substance dependence.
Role Overview – Events Officer:
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Events Manager in organising a diverse range of events, including Special, Marketing, Challenge, and Operational/Regional events.
These events aim to secure funding for our transformative programs serving prisons and communities across the UK.
As part of the Fundraising Team, you will also collaborate with the Communications team to plan and execute events that not only raise charitable income but also increase awareness of our services and impact among a broader audience, including commissioners, policy makers, and practitioners.
This aligns with our three-year business plan, which identifies new opportunities in offender management, mental health, housing, and gambling addiction services.
Role Responsibilities – Events Officer:
- Assist the Senior Events Manager in executing an annual event calendar, encompassing planning, organisation, and timely execution of challenge and special events within budget constraints.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to manage brand awareness and stewardship events, including Parliamentary gatherings, reunions, annual staff awards, and other related activities.
- Provide support to the Senior Events Manager and Senior Events Officer for special and challenge events, as needed.
- Partner with the Senior Event Manager to enhance fundraising event revenue.
- Coordinate with the communications team to effectively promote events on social media platforms and maintain up-to-date event webpages.
- Track event-related income and expenses diligently.
- Collaborate with colleagues from various departments to ensure that events planned by other teams complement the annual events program and align with evolving organisational and service needs, involving service users when necessary.
- Assist the Senior Events Manager in creating corporate sponsorship proposals when required.
Please note that this role may require flexibility, including evening and weekend work.
Requirements – Events Officer:
- Experience in successfully executing Challenge and Special Events.
- Demonstrated expertise in donor relationship management.
- Familiarity with fundraising databases, with a preference for experience using Salesforce.
- Comprehensive understanding of donor engagement, stewardship, and cultivation principles.
- Proficiency in the key principles of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and their impact on fundraising.
- Strong grasp of using social media to promote events, convey organisational messages, and recruit participants for challenge events.
- Ability to effectively monitor and report on income and expenses.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to simplify and summarise complex issues in a clear and approachable manner.
- Solid organisational and planning skills, including effective workload prioritisation and self-management.
- Experience in providing administrative support to individuals or organisations.
The Forward Trust is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive.
More Jobs from i4 Recruitment
- Retail Sales Assistant
- Phlexicare Field Sales Executive
- Operations Director
- Field Sales Executive
- Field Sales Executive
- Generator Engineer
- Operations Administrator
- Generator Engineer
- Customer Experience Manager
- Oil Tank Installers
- Digital/Print Media Sales Executives
- Assistant Showroom Manager
- Nursery Practitioner
- Night Shift Loader
- Production Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Class 2 HGV Driver
- Sales & Office Support