Do you want to join our Geo-data revolution? Fugro's global reach and unique know-how will put the world at your fingertips.
Our love of exploration and technical expertise help us to provide our clients with invaluable insights.
We source and make sense of the most relevant Geo-data for their needs, so they can design, build and operate their assets more safely, sustainably and efficiently.
But we're always looking for new talent to take the next step with us.
For bright minds who enjoy meaningful work and want to push our pioneering spirit further.
For individuals who can take the initiative but work well within a team.
Fugro is now seeking an experienced geophysicist to join the Geoscience team which is part of the Marine Geoconsulting team based at our offices in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work as part of a global team on marine site characterisation and engineering projects, performing geophysical data interpretation and reporting.
Here's what a typical day would be like:
- Using interpretation workstations to interpret and integrate geophysical data (from multiple seabed and sub-seabed geophysical data sets) with geological and geotechnical data to produce geological and geohazard site appraisals.
- Organising and loading geophysical data, geotechnical data and other relevant information to an interpretation workstation.
- Preparation of geophysical, geohazards and site investigation reports.
- Monitor project budgets, schedules and performance.
- Liaise with internal and external clients.
- Provide input to technical proposals.
- Supervise and train more junior geophysicists.
Who we're looking for:
- A degree in Geophysics, Geology or a related discipline;
- A detailed knowledge of marine geophysical survey techniques;
- 5 or more years of industry experience involving the interpretation of marine geophysical data, including the preparation of reports and the presentation of results and conclusions;
- Experienced user of IHS Kingdom software;
- General computer literacy, including use of spreadsheets, databases and word processing software;
- A good communicator (both verbally and written) who is able to deliver results for internal and external clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
A good team player and able to form working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
What we offer:
Fugro provides a positive work environment as well as projects that will satisfy the most curious minds.
We also offer great opportunities to stretch and develop yourself.
By giving you the freedom to grow faster, we think you'll be able to do what you do best, better.
Which should help us to find fresh ways to get to know the earth better.
We encourage you to be yourself at Fugro.
So bring your energy and enthusiasm, your keen eye and can-do attitude.
But bring your questions and opinions too.
Because to be the world's leading Geo-data specialist, we need the strength in depth that comes from a diverse, driven team.
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally.
- Competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
- Flexible and hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave.
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave.
- Subsidised canteen/restaurant in Wallingford.
- Option to lease an electric car.
- Free parking.
Our view on diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Fugro, our people are our superpower.
Their variety of viewpoints, experiences, knowledge and talents give us collective strength.
Distinctive beliefs and diverse backgrounds are therefore welcome, but discrimination, harassment, inappropriate behaviour and unfair treatment are not.
Everybody is to be well-supported and treated fairly.
And everyone must be valued and have their voice heard.
Crucially, we believe that getting this right brings a sense of belonging, of safety and acceptance, that makes us feel more connected to Fugro's purpose ‘together create a safe and liveable world' - and to each other.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Fugro
- Communications Assistant
- Project Geotechnical Engineer
- Supervisor Yard
- Purchasing Supervisor
- Global Campaign Manager
- Vessel Manager
- Marketing Operations Coordinator
- Assistant Project Manager
- Engineering Administrator - Production
- IT Support Assistant
- Warehouse Operator
- Warehouse Assistant
- Business Analyst
- Electrical Supervisor
- Training Centre Site Supervisor
- Talent Acquisition Specialist (Early Careers)
- Borehole Geophysical Logging (Wireline) Engineer
- Proposal Manager / Estimator
- Proposals Manager
- Production Engineer