Field Service Engineer - Marine Electronics
Field Service Engineer (Electronics) - Antwerp, Belgium - Permanent
The Marine Electronic Field Engineer will install, repair, and maintain Navigation, Communication, and Safety equipment on board vessels regionally and abroad if required.
This includes GMDSS equipment, VDR, ECDIS, Gyrocompass, MF/HF, VHF Radios, Autopilot, Echo sounder, and Satellite Communication equipment, etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide worldwide on-board service for vessels.
- Perform periodical and special radio inspections in compliance with IMO and Class regulations.
- Conduct VDR Annual Performance Tests as per makers' specifications.
- Install, maintain, and repair GMDSS and Navigation equipment.
- Load, update, and modify software as needed.
- Create detailed service reports upon completing assignments.
- Offer remote customer/user support and assist in troubleshooting product-related issues.
- Document technical knowledge through notes and manuals.
- Foster and strengthen professional relationships with existing and new clients.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the company's products and services.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with other departments.
- Possess a strong understanding of the company's electronic systems and databases.
- Be available to handle customer requests outside of regular office hours.
- A University degree in electrical engineering or equivalent technical certificates.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience working with Navigation and Communication equipment.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Solid knowledge of electronics theory and application.
- Willingness to travel frequently and occasionally to remote locations.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to interpret schematics, diagrams, user manuals, and technical manuals.
- Adaptability to changing work environments and situations.
- Possession of a GMDSS General Operator license is considered an advantage.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Principal Naval Architect (Surface Ships) - Rosyth
- Grounds Maintenance Operative
- Manufacturing Process Improvement Manager
- Hardware Engineering Manager
- Senior Supplier Quality
- Mechanical Engineering Assistant (Draughtsperson)
- Health & Safety - Learning & Development Programme Manager
- Domestic Heating Engineer
- Engineering Tutor - Electrical / Mechanical / Lean
- Maintenance Manager
- Senior Scientist QC
- R&D Scientist
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Client Services Manager
- Procurement Recruitment Consultant
- Software Recruitment Consultant
- Rail Recruitment Consultant
- Facilities Management Lead
- Hopper Welder