Private Healthcare Industry
Up to £45,000 starting salary
Birmingham B92 8NW
Free Bupa, Overtime, Life Assurance, 35 days holiday
Are you a skilled Engineering Manager looking for your next opportunity to build a team within building services? This is a great opportunity to establish yourself at the forefront of an industry-leading private healthcare specialist.
My well-established client in the private healthcare sector is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team.
As the Engineering Manager, your role will be to maintain the building services, building fabric and all equipment in a cost-effective manner, ensuring compliance with all current national legislation.
To maintain a safe environment for all staff, patients and visitors.
You will undertake maintenance/testing of plant/equipment, ensuring compliance.
This role is commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry or Birmingham South.
The Role of Engineering Manager:
- To plan, develop and implement a comprehensive, cost-effective, planned and preventative maintenance/repair programme for all engineering services/equipment, utilising the network Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- To facilitate the implementation of a planned preventative maintenance system and ensure an equitable standard of all routine checks and replacements.
Lead on the service, test, diagnose and repair, where practical, mechanical and electrical installations, plant and equipment.
- To lead the emergency maintenance team outside normal working hours by organising weekend cover for essential maintenance and contractor supervision.
In addition, you will be expected to provide on-call cover for the site on a rota basis.
- To continuously improve oneself and to attend training events and meetings in order to acquire the knowledge and skills that have been identified as beneficial to you and the hospital.
- To plan and develop an annual Engineering Estate Plan to include a comprehensive maintenance programme for building fabric to inform the central refurbishment programme
- To manage individual team members' performance, appraisal and rewards.
- To be the Fire Safety Manager for your site, ensure Fire Risk Assessment and all fire alarm/emergency lighting, and fire fighting equipment is maintained according to current legislative requirements.
- To ensure water risk assessment & treatment regimes are in place, including all appropriate measures for the prevention of Legionella.
- To be the Authorised Person for the Piped Medical Gas System, Decontamination Equipment, Low Voltage Electrical Services, Heating and Ventilation Systems.
- To attend appropriate committees, ensuring compliance with the governance and engineering framework.
Including HMT (Hospital Management Team), Health and safety, water safety, IPC meetings.
- To manage the ordering of spares, services and consumables for the engineering dept.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in building services management, with ideally 1 year in healthcare
- Previous experience in managing and planning workloads for a minimum of 3 people
- Holds a HNC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent training/experience
- Desirable experience: CSSD, Endoscopy, Hydrotherapy plant maintenance
- Must hold a driving licence and have access to own vehicle for commuting and on-call rota
- Commutable to Solihull within 45 minutes
Package and Benefits:
- Salary £40,000-£45,000 per annum depending on experience
- Day shifts Monday-Friday 37.5 per week: working hours are 08:00 - 16:30 + On-call as required (At full establishment on a 1 in 4 basis)
- On Call Rate
- Overtime 1.5x standard 2x Sunday/bank holiday
- Oncall worked Same as overtime
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- Subsidised restaurant food and drink
Interested? To apply for this Engineering Manager position, here are your two options:
- "This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and lets talk through your experience.
Ask for Emma Gilmore on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know - email@example.com
- Start: 16/10/2023
- Rate: Â£40000 - Â£45000 per annum, Benefits: Free Bupa, Overtime, Life Assurance, 35 days holiday
- Location: Solihull,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
- Contact: Emma Gilmore
- Tel: 0116 254 5411
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: V-59523
- Posted: 2023-10-16 08:29:03 -
- View all Jobs from Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
More Jobs from Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
- EHS Lead
- Mechanical Assembly Fitter
- Electrical Fitter / Wirer
- Press Brake Operator / setter
- Purchasing Assistant
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Lead Industrial Electrician
- Fork Lift Operator
- Mechanical Design Team Lead
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Project Engineer - Switchgear
- Commissioning Engineer
- Hydraulic Modeller
- Field Service Engineer
- Health & Safety Support
- CNC Turner days
- Quality Engineer
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer