Paddington / Hybrid
3 Months Temp to Perm
16 hours p/w
One of the largest Housing Associations in the UK is recruiting for a part time Safeguarding Officer to support the safeguarding team with referrals and safeguarding advice.
As a Safeguarding Officer you will work as part of the central safeguarding team, to support and assist the Safeguarding Manager to implement and deliver safeguarding and to ensure full compliance with legislation, regulation and best practice.
To support and coordinate the communication across business streams ensuring that actions and risk assessments are completed to support the protection from harm of customers and staff.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- To act as the first point of contact for staff and others to provide advice, guidance, co-ordinate and case manage safeguarding concerns.
- Support risk assessments related to potential safeguarding concerns to ensure that customers and staffs' welfare and wellbeing are supported adequately and appropriately.
- To make timely external & appropriate referrals to statutory bodies and other agencies as needed and work in partnership to address safeguarding.
- To maintain up to date, accurate, confidential records on A2D central safeguarding systems.
To be considered for this Safeguarding Officer role, you will require previous experience of working within a safeguarding environment, as well as the following skills and experience:
- Very good level of understanding and experience of Domestic Abuse and supporting victims to mitigate risk
- Experience and understanding of completing safeguarding related documentation including risk assessments/ reviewing policies & procedures
- Evidence of working within a busy team environment able to deal with challenging situations and prescribed timescales.
- Experience of providing safeguarding training or briefings to a wide range of audiences including working with external agencies & partners as required.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a part time Safeguarding Officer role, working 16 hours per week across two days.
The role is hybrid, and will mostly be home based but there will be monthly and ad-hoc requirement to attend team meetings in Paddington, W2
If this Safeguarding Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Safeguarding Officer role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Safeguarding Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months
- Rate: Up to £21 per hour
- Location: West End, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-10-16 15:42:11 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Personal Advisor
- Sen Manager
- Deputy Residential Manager
- Revenues Officer
- Customer Service Advisor
- Support Worker
- Floor Layer
- Waste Operative
- Support Worker
- Housing Partner
- Customer Resolutions Officer
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Approved premises supervisor
- Fleet Vehicle Technician
- Business Support Officer
- Safer Streets Project Co-Ordinator
- Multi Trade Plumber
- Resourcing Advisor