Production Planner and Buyer
Up to £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is one of the country's leading experts in structural steel with some of their fabricated structural steelwork contributing to many iconic buildings throughout the UK.
They are a successful employee-owned business that has built and retained strong commercial relationships with many principal contractors.
In order to ensure the delivery of an efficient and timely production programme, an experienced Production Planner with relevant, transferable skills gained from either the structural steel or heavy engineering industries, is required to join the team at their Halifax head office.
The ideal candidate will be commercially astute with the ability to manage the planning and processing of production packages, and purchasing processes, through our client's production management system.
Applications are particularly encouraged from individuals with knowledge of both production planning and procurement best practices.
At the lower end of the salary range, applications are also invited from recent graduates looking for a career development opportunity with a growing organisation.
- Processing and planning of production packages through the production facility, from receipt of drawings through to site erection.
- Develop an understanding what can be made in the production facility, and what needs buying out.
- Competitively purchasing steel, associated products and equipment to service our production facility.
- Manage the planning and processing of production packages and purchasing processes through our existing production management system.
Then via the ‘STRUMIS' ERP system from its phased implementation starting October 2023.
- Contribute data gathered and used in the role to various reports used by the company.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally will have worked in the structural steel industry.
Alternatively, experience within a heavy engineering or similar background would be advantageous.
- Commercially astute with a high level of computer literacy, particularly in MS Excel and Production Management Systems.
- Ideally the candidate will have working experience of the STRUMIS ERP system.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work diligently and accurately to meet tight deadlines and demanding budgets.
- A degree or HND in an engineering-based discipline is desirable.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to work.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised Production Planner & Buyer to join a welcoming, growing team as they continue to secure more high-profile projects across the UK.
A competitive salary and benefits package, including a performance-related bonus, is available.
More Jobs from MaxAd Recruitment Ltd
- Multi Skilled Tradesperson - Self Employed
- Warehouse Operative
- Mortgage Case Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Membership Sales Consultant
- Trainee Estimator
- Senior Office Administrator
- Trainee Estimator
- Creative Installer - Horticulture
- Maintenance Technician - Horticulture
- Finance And Contracts Administrator - Self Employed
- Finance Executive
- Inside Sales Team Leader
- Specification Sales Consultant – AV & Smart Home Automation
- Bookkeeper - Part Time
- Office Administrator
- Roofer - Self Employed
- Production Planner and Buyer