Role: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our client is one of Ireland's most progressive building and civil engineering companies.
We undertake projects throughout Ireland and the UK from offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and London and are a leading company in major infrastructure, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Participate in procurement of specialist trades for the project and make appointment recommendations to the project director.
- Assist in the drafting of subcontract Agreements.
- Receive, assess, and settle subcontract interim valuations and final accounts.
- Review developing design information and advise the wider project team of the cost implications in good time.
- Identify and advise the wider project team of value engineering opportunities.
- Complete monthly valuations for submission to the Employer's Representative and agree said valuations.
- Participate in the monthly internal cost reporting systems engaging in cost V value reconciliations, turnover reports, prelim cost reports and project outcome projections.
- Be a key player in the preparation of the project final account submission to the Client.
- Assist in the provision of proactive advice to the project director on matters of contract.
And most importantly
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the wider project team.
Skills / Experience required for the role:
You will have.
- A level 8 degree in Quantity Surveying
- 3+ Years' experience in a similar role
- Good written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide and explain reports accurately.
- A proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A reasonable knowledge of current forms of Agreement for the industry
You will be.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, and have some knowledge of Bluebeam, CostX, and Cubit (although training can be given in these)
- Able to work well under pressure, on your own and also as part of a team.
- Career driven, ambitious and enthusiastic with your eye on promotion to the role of a Senior Surveyor.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place.
Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK.
Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Marie today on 0830104097 in complete confidence.
More Jobs from Elk Recruitment
- Window Fitter
- Service Administrator
- Junior and Senior Automatic Door Engineers
- Credit Controller
- Solar Sales Rep
- Project Engineer (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Building Services)
- Qualified Lift Engineer - Cork
- General Operative (Forklift Licence Essential) 12- 8.30pm Shift
- Sales and Specification Manager
- Experienced Truck Driver
- Trade Counter Sales
- Sales Reps Munster and Dublin
- Civils Foreman / Site Agents - Excellent Package on Offer!
- Site Manager - Great Package on offer
- Fit-Out Foreman / Fitout Site Manager
- Civil Project Manager
- Customer Care/ Telesales - Hardware Products
- Safety Officer
- Electrical Trade Counter - Navan, Limerick, Cork
- Project Manager - Construction