Graduate Automotive Engineer
We are looking for a Graduate Automotive Engineer to work on a permanent basis in Chesterfield.
This would suit either a fresh Automotive/Mechanical Engineering Graduate or an experiences Designer/Design Engineer with Automotive experience.
Salary is c£25-30,000 per annum plus holidays, pension etc.
Graduate Automotive Engineer role:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will manage new projects from assessing and validating customer requirements through the design stages to creating and issuing detail design drawings, bills of materials and specification sheets.
You will support the procurement function with supplier selection, technical specifications and where necessary or required generating purchase orders.
Once the project reaches the production stage you will support the manufacturing departments to ensure a smooth and effective completion of the build.
For new product design and ongoing product improvement you will be contributing towards the design activities as part of a cross functional design team in order to continually upgrade and improve the range of standard product designs.
- Project assessment and review of customer requirements including technical support for sales
- Project design to ensure customer requirements are converted into effective design solutions
- Creation of bills of materials including standard and non-standard parts
- Supporting Procurement activities with technical input
- Creation of purchase orders
- Supporting manufacturing activities throughout the build
- Provide input and contribute to standard product and parts design programme
The role will require day to day liaison with internal and external contacts including sales, planning, procurement, manufacturing together with customers and suppliers.
If the Graduate Automotive Engineer role could be of interest please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Graduate Sustainability Engineer
- Senior Civil Structural Engineer
- Accounts Assistant
- Senior Piping Designer/Section Leader
- Mechanical Piping Engineer
- Mechanical Piping Designer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Flux Core Welders
- Stores Assistant (Manufacturing / Engineering)
- Electrical Assembly Operative
- CMM Operator
- Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
- CNC Turner
- Commercial Gas Engineer
- CNC Turner
- Field Service Calibration Engineer (Instrumentation)
- Office Administrator
- Production Manager