Work Shop Manager
About our client:
Our client is an Australian owned market leader that specialises in mechanical equipment, components and engineering services.
The are seeking an experienced Workshop Manager to join their team.
About the role:
In this newly created role, the Workshop Manager will work closely with the General Manager (who is off site), to improve and grow their Sydney facility.
It will be your responsibility to lead and supervise the workshop personnel to ensure high standards are maintained.
These standards include but are not limited to HSE, quality, maintenance activities both in the workshop and third-party sites, job compliance, financial performance, on time delivery, reporting and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with instructions given by senior management, such as budgets, forecasts, OHSE inspections and reporting
- Run daily pre-start meetings and monthly toolbox meetings
- Attend monthly management meetings via Teams
- Support workshop staff on all tasks
- Schedule jobs in house and with third party suppliers
- Responsible for all compliance requirements
- Control job schedules, timelines and deadlines, including distributing weekly WIP sheet
- Adhere to and drive Quality performance and Continuous Improvement
- Read, interpret and understand manufacturing from drawings and designs
- Work at assigned locations
- Respond to client demands often at short notice i.e.
- Awareness, promote and deliver cost effective processes, solutions and savings
Required skills & experience:
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of 10+ staff and improve quality and workflow in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite, Email, App based software, online meetings
- Finely tuned interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with people at all levels senior management, direct reports and customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster productive relationships
- Experience in change and change management
- Cert III in Engineering - Mechanical, Fitter/Turner or Bachelor of Engineering (or equivalent)
- High Risk Work Licence - Minimum Forklift Truck.
Ideal - Dogging and or Rigging
- Current Drivers Licence
What's in it for you?
This is your chance to lead and develop a dynamic team that specialises in rotational equipment.
As the Workshop Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of an Australian owned and operated market leader and contribute to its ongoing success.
If you thrive in an advanced environment and are ready to make a lasting impact, we invite you to apply today.
Click ‘Apply' to submit your resume (Microsoft Word preferred) or contact Bronwyn Edwards 0423 416 205
All Hunter Executive Search Consultants are accredited members of the RCSA (Recruitment and Consulting Staffing Association).
- Rate: Attractive Package
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Hunter Executive Search Consultants
- Contact: Bronwyn Edwards
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2024-01-08 00:02:38 -
- View all Jobs from Hunter Executive Search Consultants